• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magico M9 on the Klippel NFS

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Hope they measured during development.
Keith

TimVG

Major Contributor
Well if that's the crossover on the bottom, I'd say they're in the development phase.

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
22 hours? That seems like a long time compared to what I thought I understood from Amir and Erin.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
22 hours? That seems like a long time compared to what I thought I understood from Amir and Erin.

1) that's a BIG speaker. Lots of points are needed.
2) if they are doing high resolution, the sweep time is 1-2 seconds
3) I imagine they are using averaging (multiple sweeps for each point) and that takes even longer

For reference, it takes about 7 hours for me to run an 1800 point measurement on the DIYSG HTM-12 I just tested, using 4 averages and sweep resolution for 1/20-th octave.

A small bookshelf speaker now takes me about 3.5 hours. 800 points. The averaging is what takes additional time. But it avoids the null-bounce you get at LF when the SNR is low. I started doing this a month ago.

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
does it matter though when a robot is doing it? :p
I was mostly thinking of Erin and Amir who are not making a business from their Klippel work. But you are exactly right -- why not take ~1 day? Particularly on a $750k speaker!

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I run mine overnight while I'm sleeping. :)
I imagine your neighbors wonder what the heck is going on at your house in the middle of the night.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Would love to see the measurements that generated, but I imagine we never will :(. They don't even list +/- on their 18-50kHz measurement. Figured it would go lower than 18Hz with that size, but I suppose that's plenty for most use cases.

I actually like the look of the speaker, and I'd bet it does sound amazing(not $700,000 amazing, though).

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Would love to see the measurements that generated, but I imagine we never will :(. They don't even list +/- on their 18-50kHz measurement. Figured it would go lower than 18Hz with that size, but I suppose that's plenty for most use cases.

I actually like the look of the speaker, and I'd bet it does sound amazing(not $700,000 amazing, though).
Kinda like the same way Rolls Royce never list the hp of their engines. Ultimately brands like Wil;son and Magico are meant to appeal to monied individuals who really don't know a lot about audio but who want to be made to feel they are using their wealth to buy the "very best."

Top Bottom