• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magico M2

rman9

Went to the local store to listen to the Sonus Faber Sonetto V. Was hooked up to Mcintosh outfit and sounded real nice. Not serious yet about buying them. Still impatiently waiting for the Salk Veracity STs, its been 6 months and few days and only 29% complete.. :( The room had the Magico M2, they looked beautiful and built like a tank. They hooked it up and let me have a listen. I was stunned, when I found out they were $56K, and additional ~7K for the outriggers. I couldn't get myself up to telling them, that if I had done a true double blind test, I would prefer the Sonus over the Magico.. Maybe I am getting old ear syndrome.. The Magico, speakers were one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. but sound.. hmmmm.. I am missing something..

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
But a true blind test was not done. Volume was not matched.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL 7k for outriggers. That is really funny.

ps reminds me of a quote for a home delivery shipped from their facility we did....and the extra $50 was a problem for inside delivery.

Top Bottom