• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magic Mobile Rig

Kouioui

Forum Donor
Greetings, ASR forum readers and regulars. I've been building a new project studio since 12/20 so I haven't had the time to post. I assume this is the proper place to discuss my mobile rig.

You can see my current setups in my sig, but honest to goodness, this mobile rig is the MOST enjoyable listening experience I own. The combo of Amazon Music HD, Wavelet app with headphone PEQ / Bass Tuner, LDAC Bluetooth codec between the S21U / XM3s, superb noise cancellation, is something magical enough to make me go 'OMG, that's what music should sound like'.

Anybody else have and use the above but me?

Starpointer

I am using wavelet on my xm3 and it is making a day and night difference. Similarly I am using the autoeq and bass tuner, I also add some adjustment through the GEQ to increase the ultra high end which is lacking in the Harman's curve.
Screenshot_20210914-102136_Wavelet.jpg
I have set the bass tuner to 26hz and 3.8db to minimize the shrinkage on the soundstage but still effective to increase the fullness. I am curious what settings have you applied on the bass tuner.

OP
Kouioui

Kouioui

Forum Donor
I'm adjusting the Bass Tuner by ear. I've set it to 80Hz and 0dB and it seems to fill-in the lower octave of the AutoEQ XM3 preset to my satisfaction.

OP
Kouioui

Kouioui

Forum Donor
UPDATE: I'm in the middle of a 21 day trial of Samsung Galaxy Buds2 noise-cancelling earbuds. So far, if you can stand something shoved into your ear canal, these have potential to be a good alternative to the XM3 or 4s. I'm waiting for a Wavelet update to include the Buds2 in its headphone database to give final judgement. They don't sound terrible without PEQ and seem to have enough noise isolation. Getting a proper fit is a pain and Samsung's app has a tone-based fit test that is frustrating to pass consistently. That may be something that reflects my own ear shapes however.

Crinacle's Review

Last edited:
OP
Kouioui

Kouioui

Forum Donor
UPDATE 2: Wavelet has a preset for Bud2s finally, but I prefer them with it off. XM3's are a bloated mess without Wavelet but I'd rather listen to them than my 6XXs, even with oratory's PEQ.

Pro Tip - Disable Dolby Atmos in the S21 Ultra's sound settings for better audio quality over BT. You'll still get Atmos/360 Reality Audio (if desired) from Amazon HD if you want to hear the remixes. I've been turning it off in the Amazon app most of the time but you still should try it before writing it off, just for the remixes.

PT#2 - Adjust LDAC settings in Android's Developer Options to use 990k, which will give at least CD quality over Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom