• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Maggot Brain

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They may be two of the most influential notes in funk-rock history: the soaring, plaintive start to guitarist Eddie Hazel's legendary solo in Funkadelic's "Maggot Brain."

MaxRockbin

Definitely one of my favorite Parliament/Funkadelic songs. Testify is another
. Probably the Maggot Brain album and Up for the down stroke are my 2 favorite PFunk albums.

Just a totally irrelevant trivia bit: The most famous bassline in all of PFunk is from Flashlight. And it is NOT Bootsy Collins. It's Bernie Worrel on a keyboard synth. I only heard that recently in an interview with Bernie a little before he died. A pretty impressive band. Bootsy, Bernie, Eddie Hazel and about 100 others.

Katji

Major Contributor
I listened to a remix of it on Soundcloud a couple days ago. ...Or it was in a mix.

Where the saying "Free your mind and your ass will follow" came from. Something profound about it, I've remembered it for a long time. :)

izeek

They may be two of the most influential notes in funk-rock history: the soaring, plaintive start to guitarist Eddie Hazel's legendary solo in Funkadelic's "Maggot Brain."

I listened to a remix of it on Soundcloud a couple days ago. ...Or it was in a mix.

Where the saying "Free your mind and your ass will follow" came from. Something profound about it, I've remembered it for a long time. :)
rilly doh!

Top Bottom