• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mac OS Venture update for Topping D90 SE?

strom

I already have this operating on Mac OS Monterrey but am putting off the Ventura update? Has anyone updated and if so, how is this done?

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I already have this operating on Mac OS Monterrey but am putting off the Ventura update? Has anyone updated and if so, how is this done?
I have Macos Ventura up and running with the Topping E50 and do have a concern as the E50 volume in Sound app is fixed at maximum and greyed out. I don't know why. Meanwhile other audio applications are not such as my bluetooth speaker and Boom software. Do you find this in Monterey with D90e?

OP
S

strom

I have Macos Ventura up and running with the Topping E50 and do have a concern as the E50 volume in Sound app is fixed at maximum and greyed out. I don't know why. Meanwhile other audio applications are not such as my bluetooth speaker and Boom software. Do you find this in Monterey with D90e?
I still have not downloaded Mac Ventura because I am concerned with any effect this may have on my Topping D90SE. Is there any way to contact Topping to bring up this topic?

AudiOhm

I still have not downloaded Mac Ventura because I am concerned with any effect this may have on my Topping D90SE. Is there any way to contact Topping to bring up this topic?
You can contact Topping here...
Topping Contact

Ohms

Veri

Master Contributor
Yes this is also in Monterey. The volume is just locked. You can use SoundSource for DSP as well as unlocking it. Great app..

Schlippwhip68

Audio Ohm has answered your question for us both and if you do contact Topping could you post their response here please…meanwhile I am going to look into Soundsource software to see what’s on offer through Veri’s recommendation.

Last edited:
OP
S

strom

Audio Ohm has answered your question for us both and if you do contact Topping could you post their response here please…meanwhile I am going to look into Soundsource software to see what’s on offer through Veri’s recommendation.
The result:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<[email protected]>:
No mx record found for domain=tdpz.net

I'll continue macOS Monterey until I can get definite information from the source (Topping), or from forum members that made the switch to macOS Ventura.

Last edited:

AudiOhm

I have checked their email address with some online verifiers, one came back and said it was spam the others said it was Okay.

I sent them an email with links to ASR and this topic. No bounce back as of yet.

They have a Facebook page with the same contact information.
Topping Facebook

Ohms

Last edited:

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Pretty sure @JohnYang1997 can answer some of these questions!!

AudiOhm

Unfortunately he has not been here since Oct 29, 2022.

Maybe the email will trigger a return...

Ohms

AudiOhm

The email for Topping [email protected] is working fine.

My email:
Good day,
I am contacting you with a firmware question for the D90SE.
Some of the members at ASR are having troubles with your email contact so I am sending one for them.
In particular this thread.
Mac OS Venture update for Topping D90 SE?
Mark (AudiOhm)

Their reply:
Dear Mark
Thank you for contacting TOPPING support. We are happy to assist.
Are you saying that the system volume on the D90SE and E50 is fixed at maximum and non-adjustable on the MAC? This is normal, this is our design, the volume is adjusted to the maximum on the MAC to get the best performance.
Best Regards

Ohms

OP
S

strom

Thanks for this information. This response addresses the volume issue. But can the Topping D90 SE operate with no issues on MacOS Ventura?

Schlippwhip68

Thanks for this information. This response addresses the volume issue. But can the Topping D90 SE operate with no issues on MacOS Ventura?
I would say it would be fine. I have zero issues with the E50 other than the volume concern which Topping has certified as normal practice. I have been running Ventura with the E50 since day 1 release of the MacOS software and using Apple Music, Amazon Music, Boom radio and J River as well as YouTube, Facebook and so on, smooth operations all the time. I highly doubt your D90 will have any problems.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
MacOS has had driverless USB Audio Class 2.0 support for ages, long before Windows. I doubt an OS upgrade would suddenly break this.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
In iOS and macOS it's called Core Audio ;)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
In iOS and macOS it's called Core Audio ;)
No it’s not. Core Audio is just the api the OS provides to the applications. The UAC2 driver lives below Core Audio, next to a host of various other audio drivers for all kinds of hardware.

1675715447357.png

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Even these guys still work with my Mac Studio running macOS Ventura :) I use these to get old videos from a Sony HandyCam with Firewire A/V out and also to connect al old RME FireWire Audio Interface.

IMG_7444.jpeg

IMG_7447.jpeg

Top Bottom