• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

m33 , and kef r3 what cross over settings i should use?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

caught gesture

Forum Donor
Genelec no dealership
Thomann ships to Bulgaria. They have got all sorts of active monitors for near-field duties. They also sell many options for decoupling your speakers from the desk (Look under “Studio Monitor Accessories”).
93D663E9-A70A-4606-8404-B5CE6E825256.jpeg

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I think I'm back to bot, on this character. He/she/it even thanks the most critical of responses! Could be a language thing I guess. Also, I may need to be careful. Don't know much about the Bulgarian Mafia! :oops:

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Please stop with this list. It’s totally pointless to buy new stuff before you have not found out why the current setup does not sound right. I can tell you one thing, it’s not because the speaker are shit.
Work with what you have. Dialing in the sound takes time as with all the best things in life.
There is no reason the Kefs combined with the M33 will not sound excellent after you get your room setup correctly.
Follow the advice you have been given and you will be able to get the sound you want.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I think I'm back to bot, on this character. He/she/it even thanks the most critical of responses! Could be a language thing I guess. Also, I may need to be careful. Don't know much about the Bulgarian Mafia! :oops:
Bulgaria packs in little population and not much area, some of the strongest people in the world. Powerlifting over there is serious business.

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
Bulgaria packs in little population and not much area, some of the strongest people in the world. Powerlifting over there is serious business.
Right, so we should be suggesting D'agostini amps etc. Solely on a weight lifting basis?

diddley

Forum Donor
I think that OP is gone, with the tail between the legs after so much good advice.
Personally i don't mind.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think that OP is gone, with the tail between the legs after so much good advice.
Personally i don't mind.
Cooling his heels I think.

Streamc

my cables are very very short i cant put them 50cm away from the amp....
Just tell me your personall favourite ?

I am currently considering Focal kanta 1,sopra 1, diablo utopia,
bowers and wilkinsons 805 d4,
kef reference 1 meta, which one do you like the most. ?
Where are you from? What country?

DMill

He might just convince himself otherwise. And at least it will be over.

What he won't have though is the Reference Sound he asked for in the first thread. Unfortunately somebody DID say that just getting the R3s would be a night and day difference. I don't remember the order but I think he'd really already decided on the R3s before he got here. And of course on stands in a decent room there would be a big difference.
We definitely overuse the term “night and day difference” on this site. Audiophiles always have, myself included. When somebody uses the term now I definitely take it with a grain of salt and to mean something more like, “ I can hear a difference”. I can objectively and subjectively see/hear the differences between the KEF R3 and any other speaker. But Night and Day is probably a bit of an exaggeration.

Streamc

Work with what you have. Dialing in the sound takes time as with all the best things in life.
There is no reason the Kefs combined with the M33 will not sound excellent after you get your room setup correctly.
Follow the advice you have been given and you will be able to get the sound you want.
I use R3 with EigenTakt module with no buffer (bypass) and SMSL M300MK2 in DAC mode. No volume regulation via DAC. PC is source. No sub. Sound excellent. 60cm from wall. 2 meters from speaker listening position. No equalisation.

josefK666

Personally i don't mind.
He's been 'asked' to take a two week break from posting I think. I'm sure he has all the information he needs if he wants to start making good choices. Selling up and starting again with active monitors would be my choice but I hope he finds something that works for him....

Vacceo

Major Contributor
We definitely overuse the term “night and day difference” on this site. Audiophiles always have, myself included. When somebody uses the term now I definitely take it with a grain of salt and to mean something more like, “ I can hear a difference”. I can objectively and subjectively see/hear the differences between the KEF R3 and any other speaker. But Night and Day is probably a bit of an exaggeration.
When years ago I ditched a set of cheap Logitechs for a set of KEF speakers there was night and day difference.

Going from Crestas to IQ made a difference, but not that massive compared to the previous.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
When years ago I ditched a set of cheap Logitechs for a set of KEF speakers there was night and day difference.

Going from Crestas to IQ made a difference, but not that massive compared to the previous.
We seriously underestimate lifestyle products like the Muso as well. In the situation where he was using it, it would sound decent apart from the lack of stereo separation. There would still be a night and day difference going to R3s in an optimal situation - but it's due mainly to stereo separation and imaging

I was getting concerned that for whatever reason, the R3s still weren't the right choice for him. It's always an issue - quite a few people are using R3s as desktop speakers with no problem, but before we could go there with the guy he needed to do the basic stuff like raising and toeing in the speakers. And while I don't know the speakers on his wish list personally, every single one of them would have been a worse choice.

Maybe we need a desktop audio 101 article to point people at that explains how to get started and looks at the different options?

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
We definitely overuse the term “night and day difference” on this site.
Not really my impression TBH.

I did a forum search on “night and day” and saw mostly sarcastic, downplaying or negating statements regarding differences of said scale.

To me the remark under discussion is merely an outlier rather than an example of common practice at ASR.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Not really my impression TBH.

I did a forum search on “night and day” and saw mostly sarcastic, downplaying or negating statements regarding differences of said scale.

To me the remark under discussion is merely an outlier rather than an example of common practice at ASR.
It's like that here precisely because the term is so inappropriately used elsewhere.

It may not even have been misused in this case either. We only found out about the desktop setup well into the conversation.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Correct.

The picture of what looked to be a living or chilling room that he had posted just before the night and day remark probably didn’t help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom