• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

m1060c and membrane noise?

Kegemusha

Hi
Last May I bought a m1060c from monoprice EU and I can hear now that the headphone developed a kind of membrane noise.
When music plays I can hear a kind of vibration following the music pressure, so quiter sound quiter noise.
I gues is a membrane that vibrates and create noise, but the headphone should be on warranty and I will not open it yet.

Somebody has experienced the same thing with this headphone?

charleski

Major Contributor
Sounds like something's come loose. Check that the pads are still firmly attached (they're held on with double-sided tape). The driver apertures are covered on both sides by a square of paper which may have loosened and be vibrating, but to check that you'd need to disassemble them.

I did the mod on my 1060cs to make them open-back and they're superb, but need the right EQ to go with the mod.

OP
Kegemusha

Kegemusha

thanks, I heve them on my desk for listening from the PC, somenthing went nuts today.
I connected the headphone to my phone and no issues, at the same time my PC got blue screen!? and nowthe heaphone is fine.
I have my PC usb out to a cambridge DAC and to an BASx emotiva amp, allways a solid setup.

So seems like the PC was sending some noise? never happen this, I hade never an issue before.

Well , seems the headphone is fine after all.

Top Bottom