• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lynx Hilo vs Lynx Aurora (n)

spankjam

Hello there,

Has anyone had the chance yet to compare the Lynx Hilo with the Lynx Aurora (n)?

Especially when it comes to transient response?

I currently own the Aurora (n) but would love to switch to the Hilo for ease of use with ports at the rear directly without a breakout box and rackmounting and an apparently better headphone amp.

My concern however is that the Aurora (n) being newer and running on a newer clock, it might have a better transient response / updated Hilo technology?

In that case, I wouldn't want to go backwards again. What do you think?

therealchrisallen

I’m also very curious about this. I have an Aurora (n) in my personal studio and have installed 4 of them in the commercial studio I work for. They were a massive upgrade to our old Digi 192 system(using Mytek 8x192 as the clock and mix print/monitoring source).
I am absolutely in love them. Extremely transparent, but without sounding glassy or harsh.
I have been thinking about adding a Hilo to print mixes and for monitoring, but have yet to get my hands on one to compare it to the Aurora (n) that I use now.

johnnyindia

Anyone else compare the Aurora(n) and Hilo? Using the Aurora(n) for all conversion in my studio except for a Topping D90LE for Monitoring DAC.
Interested to know if the Hilo would offer any advantages to the Aurora(n) for the 2-Bus/Final Print. Seems like the specs are near identical, so not sure there would be any appreciable difference.

GTAXL

The Aurora(n) was based upon the Hilo yet the Hilo is slightly better. If you only need 2 channels then I'd stick with the Hilo because it has a lot it can offer that the Aurora can't, such as routing, etc. I'd only consider the Aurora if you need those additional channels.

Top Bottom