• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf TIDAI-1120 streaming only 44.2Khz

gatamiata

Hello, I saw that 1120 doesn't know how to decode MQA's and while doing some tests at home I saw there is a difference in sound quality between what I hear when listening to tidal via Roon compared to when listening directly to tidal. When I entered the web interface of the amp, I saw that the quality received by the amp is higher when using Roon. I am using a trial version of this app and I think it to be quite expensive. Wanted to know if there is a solution to get the same quality to this 1120 or should I used another streaming device? Where is the sound quality difference coming from?

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I used to be into MQA. If I call Tidal on PC did a software fold (1st unfold) regardless of device. I think the web version of Tidal does not decode MQA at all. You shouldn't need Roon to do the 2nd unfold, There should be a setting in Tidal (PC) to force the audio to the dac and there's another setting to tell Tidal your dac is MQA capable.

I shouldn't tell people how they listen to there music but MQA is complete dogsh*t. Decoded or not, distortion is added (because the MQA encoder adds it), so that means a regular flac is lossless while an MQA flac is lossy. Please don't buy any more DACs & MQA add-ons for software, your only adding to the MQA dumpster fire if you do. You should do more research on MQA.

Top Bottom