• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120

imackify

Are the measurements any good based on the article here: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...ac&catid=97:amplifier-measurements&Itemid=154

I'd like to get room correction for my living room audio system. I currently have some naim equipment i bought second hand. My options are to either get a minidsp device in the chain to get room correction (but i dont have a laptop so not sure how id measure), or sell the naim stuff and get a device with room correction built in. Streaming/dlna etc are a requirement.

If there are other options feel free to share.

thanks

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
T
Are the measurements any good based on the article here: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...ac&catid=97:amplifier-measurements&Itemid=154

I'd like to get room correction for my living room audio system. I currently have some naim equipment i bought second hand. My options are to either get a minidsp device in the chain to get room correction (but i dont have a laptop so not sure how id measure), or sell the naim stuff and get a device with room correction built in. Streaming/dlna etc are a requirement.

If there are other options feel free to share.

thanks
The Lyngdorf's measurements aren't super great, but I think the RoomPerfect being built in would more than compensate for the less than ideal measurements. I think this is pretty nice stuff.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The amp isn’t the best, but as long as you have 2 subs or less - and aren’t using super inefficient speakers at a very large listening distance - it’s probably the small integrated box to beat. Nothing else that I know of does integrated bass management and offers good room correction. If it had 4 sub outs I would’ve bought one.

The next step up, in size, amp performance, and price, would be the Anthem integrated. Sadly there just aren’t many thoughtfully designed 2 channel integrateds or preamps.

OP
I

imackify

The amp isn’t the best, but as long as you have 2 subs or less - and aren’t using super inefficient speakers at a very large listening distance - it’s probably the small integrated box to beat. Nothing else that I know of does integrated bass management and offers good room correction. If it had 4 sub outs I would’ve bought one.

The next step up, in size, amp performance, and price, would be the Anthem integrated. Sadly there just aren’t many thoughtfully designed 2 channel integrateds or preamps.
Which anthem integrated? Does it have room correction?

Coming back to this as well because im also considering the new NAD c 3050. Has dirac with the appropriate module and around the same price as the lyngdorf. I also like its look.

Any thoughts on which would be better?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Which anthem integrated? Does it have room correction?

You’d have to look at their website. I think they only have 1, but it has their proprietary Anthem Room Correction (ARC). My own experience with ARC is positive, but dated. See recent posts by @peng showing some potential implementation issues in the current version.

Coming back to this as well because im also considering the new NAD c 3050. Has dirac with the appropriate module and around the same price as the lyngdorf. I also like its look. Any thoughts on which would be better?

If NAD has Dirac Live Bass Control and at least 2 sub outs I think the final performance will be excellent with good speakers either way. For me it would come down to looks, brand feels, and price. If NAD just has basic Dirac - and from what I’ve seen so far NAD has over-promised and under-delivered on bass quality, but I’m happy to be corrected if they have finally implemented DLBC - then Lyngdorf will give better sound quality because bass integration is an inherent part of RoomPerfect.

OP
I

imackify

You’d have to look at their website. I think they only have 1, but it has their proprietary Anthem Room Correction (ARC). My own experience with ARC is positive, but dated. See recent posts by @peng showing some potential implementation issues in the current version.

If NAD has Dirac Live Bass Control and at least 2 sub outs I think the final performance will be excellent with good speakers either way. For me it would come down to looks, brand feels, and price. If NAD just has basic Dirac - and from what I’ve seen so far NAD has over-promised and under-delivered on bass quality, but I’m happy to be corrected if they have finally implemented DLBC - then Lyngdorf will give better sound quality because bass integration is an inherent part of RoomPerfect.
Thats exactly what i needed to know! Thanks for the info. The NAD only has one sub out and its dirac basic afaik. The lyngdorf would be the better choice in that case.

The anthem is out of my price range either way :).

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't forget the Minidsp SHD Power with twice power, Dirac and miniDSP audio toolbox for subwoofer integration at lower price.

OP
I

imackify

Don't forget the Minidsp SHD Power with twice power, Dirac and miniDSP audio toolbox for subwoofer integration at lower price.
I had looked at that. Unfortunately i also need dlna/spotify/bluetooth/chromecast for the family.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had looked at that. Unfortunately i also need dlna/spotify/bluetooth/chromecast for the family.
Not sure but can't you add a WiiM Mini Pro for all that $150

Reactions: GDK

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Although lacking analog inputs, Chromecast Built-in, Apple AirPlay, and a headphone output, the SHD Power includes features not normally found in a budget integrated amplifier-DAC: Roon Ready network streaming capability, parametric equalization, Dirac Live room correction, and adjustable high-pass/low-pass crossover filters. The SHD Power also runs the open-source Volumio music player, which is accessed through a web-based interface and supports Tidal, Qobuz, HighResAudio, Spotify (via a plugin), and internet radio. Considering its reasonable price, the SHD Power is remarkably fully featured."

iann

That's exactly why I changed from a Chromecast Audio/Minidsp/NAD power amp system to the Lyngdorf. To have a single easy to use box with Chromecast built-in (needed in UK for easy access to BBC Sounds) which also had room correction and sub integration.

Actually works great with Spotify as well. Volume change on my phone is now using the same scale as the amp, i.e. lots of steps and not just the coarse increments on phone only.

Using Room Perfect you don't get to see all the EQ changes, but there is a nice web interface for the 1120 which allows you to set sub crossover etc. It has plenty of power for my use as well.

OP
I

imackify

That's exactly why I changed from a Chromecast Audio/Minidsp/NAD power amp system to the Lyngdorf. To have a single easy to use box with Chromecast built-in (needed in UK for easy access to BBC Sounds) which also had room correction and sub integration.

Actually works great with Spotify as well. Volume change on my phone is now using the same scale as the amp, i.e. lots of steps and not just the coarse increments on phone only.

Using Room Perfect you don't get to see all the EQ changes, but there is a nice web interface for the 1120 which allows you to set sub crossover etc. It has plenty of power for my use as well.
It also has analog in which im actually using still.

Can i ask what speakers youre powering?

Im just wondering if id need a more powerful amp…at least it has the option with analog out.

iann

I've also connected a turntable. but I hardly use it.

Speakers are Wharfedale Evo 4.3, sensitivity is 88db and the room is approx. 60 sqm. I don't listen that loud but unless you have a massive room and insensitive speakers I don't think you'd have an issue.

The downside of the 1120 is there's only 1 set of R/L RCA outputs, one of which I use for a subwoofer. This means you can't connect an external power amp and have subs connected as well. The more expensive models have more connectors.

OP
I

imackify

It also has analog in which im actually using still.

Can i ask what speakers youre powering?

Im just wondering if id need a more powerful amp…at least it has the option with analog out.
Good to know. I have dynaudio focus 260 that are about 87 db i believe. My room is half that at 32 sq m. So its probably fine.

My other option ive found since could be:

As far as i can tell it measures well (someone with more knowlege than me can shed more light).
The dirac live it has standard goes up to 500hz, which may be enough, and if not it has the option to go full range with another license.

And here in canada theyre are both around the same price.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good to know. I have dynaudio focus 260 that are about 87 db i believe. My room is half that at 32 sq m. So its probably fine.

My other option ive found since could be:

As far as i can tell it measures well (someone with more knowlege than me can shed more light).
The dirac live it has standard goes up to 500hz, which may be enough, and if not it has the option to go full range with another license.

And here in canada theyre are both around the same price.
The minidsp has its own subwoofer integration software and something that is a negative if you have turntable, there is no analog input. I do not own one so I can not speak subjectively from experience, like you I am just shopping.

Cider

I wanted Kalax-Fi, room correction, Airplay 2, and a single power cord for a casual system, and I didn't find much beyond the 1120 and the NAD M10 V2. I ended up with an 1120, and I like it so far. Note that it doesn't come with a remote control (fine with me), and the app is a little clunky (also fine with me). It does include a metal tripod, which I wish was an add-on, since I have my own tripod(s), but whatever. I've got an SHD Studio in another system, and I think RoomPerfect is easier to configure, but it seems to have less room for tinkering.

Bottom line, I'd buy it again.

Overseas

Major Contributor
I am contemplating 1120 for streaming and Room Correction, but for the money I say the streaming (app included) should be at least on par with WIIM Pro, also shame it has no digital out. It is no-go for me, then.

panther

I wanted Kalax-Fi, room correction, Airplay 2, and a single power cord for a casual system, and I didn't find much beyond the 1120 and the NAD M10 V2. I ended up with an 1120, and I like it so far. Note that it doesn't come with a remote control (fine with me), and the app is a little clunky (also fine with me). It does include a metal tripod, which I wish was an add-on, since I have my own tripod(s), but whatever. I've got an SHD Studio in another system, and I think RoomPerfect is easier to configure, but it seems to have less room for tinkering.

Bottom line, I'd buy it again.
There is a remote you can order just incase you didn’t know. I almost never used it I liked the app.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Don't forget the Minidsp SHD Power
Had it been reviewed by Amir?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Had it been reviewed by Amir?
Yes but they updated it since a few years back and this data is newer. The negative issues he brought up seem fixed. Maybe he should retest it.

Top Bottom