• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120 vs Naim Uniti Atom

Biaso

Hi,I am a happy owner of a Lyngdorf TDAI 1120 driving a pair of Rubicon 2.
I made a huge mistake yesterday, went to the dealer and for the first time in my life heard the Naim Uniti Atom playing.
I am well aware that in my house he will never be able to play like this, he drive two Rubicon 8s, they were amazed…my jaw dropped.
Is gorgeous machine. I've been looking for information on the net since yesterday.
Would I have a noticeable improvement in my room with my speakers? I know it's a very subjective question, the baby Lyngdorf has something extra that is the Room Perfect.. maybe someone has had the opportunity to make an equal comparison.
The economic difference is considerable, would it correspond to the sound gain?
Any suggestion is welcome
Thanks

TonyJZX

Major Contributor

the naim is like twice the price of the 1120?

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
Take your Lyngdorf to that dealer and have a listen there. Different room, different placement of speakers make a huge difference.

Overseas

Major Contributor
Different amps
Different speakers
Different room
We do not know about the playlist and volume matching.

You are comparing apples to potatoes.

With or without your own amp, go back 3 times, different days, different moods, with your playlist and listen to the Naim setup.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
ahh the oldest trick in the book from the oldest profession in the world

i feel like Amir's review would put a stop to that

OP
Biaso

Biaso

An old trick that intrigued me a lot, especially trying to understand the difference between classes A/B and D. I read Amir's review, he surprised me but I have no experience in the hifi field.
I am aware of the environmental difference, but especially the speakers, the Rubicon 8 are splendid…luckily I don't have the space nor the money for the 8.

Top Bottom