• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

smadan

Adding a power amp to the 1120 uses the pre-outs which in turn makes it impossible to connect a subwoofer to it and benefit from RoomPerfect. If you're not using or ever planning to add a subwoofer to the 1120, you can go the power amp route. Otherwise the 3400 is the better choice.
Thanks @symphara. I see there's only one output on the 1120 indeed. I do not plan to add subwoofer, I own a pair of focal 926 which sounds good enough (to me). My intuitive "fear of inconstancy" was based on my understanding that my "architecture" choice will convert the 1120 digital to analog signal, then 2400 will get analog as an intput and digitalize it again. Maybe It doesn't really matter, and I should just forget about these details and consider my 1120 as trusted analog pre-amp source for the 2400, like any other one.

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks @symphara. I see there's only one output on the 1120 indeed. I do not plan to add subwoofer, I own a pair of focal 926 which sounds good enough (to me). My intuitive "fear of inconstancy" was based on my understanding that my "architecture" choice will convert the 1120 digital to analog signal, then 2400 will get analog as an intput and digitalize it again. Maybe It doesn't really matter, and I should just forget about these details and consider my 1120 as trusted analog pre-amp source for the 2400, like any other one.
Your speakers are rated at 91.5dB sensitivity, are you sure you actually need more power? I wouldn’t worry too much about the digitization done in the 3400, it should be transparent.

mika91

Little 1120 has more than enough power to drive your speakers, in my opinion.

My speakers are rated 91db too, in a big and cathedral sealing living room, and never pushed the sound level more than -25db.

smadan

@mika91 @symphara thank you both for your kind replies. I think I'm going to follow your advices and do more tests in the bigger room before making any decision about upgrading. I'll post a feedback here in a couple of months.

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@mika91 @symphara thank you both for your kind replies. I think I'm going to follow your advices and do more tests in the bigger room before making any decision about upgrading. I'll post a feedback here in a couple of months.
Please do, I'm curious if you actually feel like you need the power upgrade.

JDragon

Any suggestions on how to get an 1120 in the United States? I live in the Boston area and have only found https://hifiheaven.net/shop/ to carry them. I have no issue buying from them as it seems they have a great return policy etc, but they haven't been able to tell me when they will actually have one in stock to send to me (likely not their fault but more to do with the current state of shipping in the world), so I'm starting to get impatient and am looking for alternative options.

Wherever I purchase, I want the ability to return it and try other options if for some reason it doesn't work for my setup, so if anyone knows of options in the united states, please let me know!
If you are still in the market, I bought an amplifier from Sound Video in MN once and had a great experience. It looks like they carry Lyngdorf. Don't know about return policy though.

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
Anyone tried or know how to pair with a Bluetooth remote? Can’t find any information.

Biaso

Hi,recently bought the tdai 1120,I like the sound, I make it work with DALI Oberon 3 which I think will change at the end of the year..maybe with Rubicon.
The fact of the matter is that I get serious problems getting the app working, does anyone have this problem?
Very unstable, often disconnects ..anyone have suggestions ?Thanks a lot
Greetings from genoa

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
Hi,recently bought the tdai 1120,I like the sound, I make it work with DALI Oberon 3 which I think will change at the end of the year..maybe with Rubicon.
The fact of the matter is that I get serious problems getting the app working, does anyone have this problem?
Very unstable, often disconnects ..anyone have suggestions ?Thanks a lot
Greetings from genoa
Have you tried Ethernet cable instead of WiFi to see if it’s the connection or not? If no difference then it might be the tidal app.

Biaso

Yes, tried with lan and static ip..no difference, at the moment i don't use streaming services like tidal etc etc, only my library on usb and internet radio, very strange because sometimes it connects immediately :confused:

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
Yes, tried with lan and static ip..no difference, at the moment i don't use streaming services like tidal etc etc, only my library on usb and internet radio, very strange because sometimes it connects immediately :confused:
I miss read, thought you used tidal. So you’re streaming from usb and radio? Same issue with both if I understand. I use radio a lot and never had any issue. If I loose internet it will reconnect too. I’m using WiFi, but used Ethernet earlier and no issue.
What happens when you listening to radio? Suddenly drops out? Are you using the latest firmware?

I have not used usb so can’t help you there. Sorry...

Biaso

During operation everything is ok .. both usb and internet radio.
It is the app that does not see the amplifier when I start it or I recall it to change volume or track, it continually gives connection error between app and amplifier, when try to open and close the app several times and then it connects.
Thanks anyway for your interest

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
No worries, I find it interesting. But you mean the Lyngdorf app?

I would recommend the browser and http://tdai1120.local

Edit: has this something to do with dlna/upnp if it’s not the Lyngdorf app.

Last edited:

Biaso

Yes the problem is on the app..dlna work right.
Well,try to use the browser;) many many thanks

Biaso

From the browser I would say that it works, a little cumbersome but it works..

OP
S

spacebar

Forum Donor
From the browser I would say that it works, a little cumbersome but it works..
Okey. That’s good tho, but you can add the page/url to your Home Screen, but it’s not the same I recon. :)

But please tell Lyngdorf about your issue so they can fix it. You can’t be the only one with this issue.

Biaso

Added page.
Of course, I'll write to Lyngdorf, thanks for precious help (sorry for my bad english);)

ThomasT

Has anybody upgraded the output caps to Dueland copper. A person did this on the 2170 and said.. a magnificient improvement.. plus he had better internal wiring.

Top Bottom