• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

hwest

Personally I would stay away from Emotiva. Not sure on the quality of their amps, but I’ve read nothing but bad things about their pre/pro’s.
Prepro's aren't great, AMP's are a completely different story from everything I have heard they are amazing. Also I have two of them and they are excellent in my opinion.

OP
Kegger

Kegger

Prepro's aren't great, AMP's are a completely different story from everything I have heard they are amazing. Also I have two of them and they are excellent in my opinion.
Glad to hear they’ve worked out good for you.

hwest

Hey Guys, after much inquiring about the S/N and DAC on the Lyndorf I received an email from them directly here is there response:

Lyngdorf Contact <[email protected]>​

1:31 AM (7 hours ago)
to me
Dear Hal

Thank you for your enquiry

The DAC’s in the MP-60 processor is the Burr-Brown (TI) PCM1796A, allowing a SNR of 123 dB.

I hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Anders Borbye
After Sales Manager

Golfx

Forum Donor
Hey Guys, after much inquiring about the S/N and DAC on the Lyndorf I received an email from them directly here is there response:

Lyngdorf Contact <[email protected]>​

1:31 AM (7 hours ago)
to me
Dear Hal

Thank you for your enquiry

The DAC’s in the MP-60 processor is the Burr-Brown (TI) PCM1796A, allowing a SNR of 123 dB.

I hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Anders Borbye
After Sales Manager
Carefull wording in “allowing.” While the DAC is probably capable of 123 the resulting overall output SINAD of the MP-60 will not likely get that high.

hwest

Careful wording in “allowing.” While the DAC is probably capable of 123 the resulting overall output SINAD of the MP-60 will not likely get that high.
This was directly from Lyngdorf, I didn't write it, but agreed it is best case scenario based on other factors, we know all manufacturers have there cheats to get to the numbers they want but based on what I have seen from Lyngdorf the end result is the end result, excellent sound. I'm going to see a demo in Hollywood this weekend. :)

OP
Kegger

Kegger

This was directly from Lyngdorf, I didn't write it, but agreed it is best case scenario based on other factors, we know all manufacturers have there cheats to get to the numbers they want but based on what I have seen from Lyngdorf the end result is the end result, excellent sound. I'm going to see a demo in Hollywood this weekend. :)
Let us know how the demo went.

Blonzo

Does Lyngdorf have a dedicated audio driver (either WASAPI or ASIO) for use with ROON that will allow multichannel playback? The Roon Ready driver does not allow for multichannel playback. Any suggestions?

#1artist

I have a 7-2 setup as seen on the screen settings. I have two GR Research W/Frame subs as L sub(Out 13 AUX 1) and R sub(Out 14 AUX 2). I am stacking the Open Baffle subs on top of two new Rythmik F12SE sealed subs. Should I call the F12SE subs SubRR and use Out 15 AUX 3 and SubLR and use Out 16 AUX 4 so Room Perfect will have labels for the new subs even though the location is different in the up front stacked position. Brian of Rythmik said I should avoid overlapping the sub frequencies. If I set the Open Baffle sub low pass filter to 80hz and the F12SE to 50hz I hope this will help overlapping problem. There is one LFE Out 6 on the MP 60 2.1 and each F12SE subs have LFE in. Any suggestions on how to connect LFE and use it?
I'm having a problem of no voice audio in TV streaming. Each start-up I must go into Apple Remote settings and choose MP60 2.1 as a temporary speaker. I'm planning to reset MP60 2.1 back to factory settings to fix this problem and then re-run RoomPerfect . Some say to stop after 90% complete.

Attachments

• tempImage97Jp4l.png
    tempImage97Jp4l.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
  • tempImageeRx5bA.png
    tempImageeRx5bA.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
  • tempImageiiG3zL.png
    tempImageiiG3zL.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
  • tempImage2GdqvU.png
    tempImage2GdqvU.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 65

#1artist

To send the single LFE out from the MP60 2.1 I'm going to use a Whirlwind Splitter 1X2. One out is direct and the other is a low impedance mic out. Will the low impedance out change the output? I'm getting my XLR order today so I can check it out.

walt99

Forum Donor
To send the single LFE out from the MP60 2.1 I'm going to use a Whirlwind Splitter 1X2. One out is direct and the other is a low impedance mic out. Will the low impedance out change the output? I'm getting my XLR order today so I can check it out.
If the 60 is the same as the 40 (I think it is) you can set multiple LFE outputs

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a 7-2 setup as seen on the screen settings. I have two GR Research W/Frame subs as L sub(Out 13 AUX 1) and R sub(Out 14 AUX 2). I am stacking the Open Baffle subs on top of two new Rythmik F12SE sealed subs. Should I call the F12SE subs SubRR and use Out 15 AUX 3 and SubLR and use Out 16 AUX 4 so Room Perfect will have labels for the new subs even though the location is different in the up front stacked position. Brian of Rythmik said I should avoid overlapping the sub frequencies. If I set the Open Baffle sub low pass filter to 80hz and the F12SE to 50hz I hope this will help overlapping problem. There is one LFE Out 6 on the MP 60 2.1 and each F12SE subs have LFE in. Any suggestions on how to connect LFE and use it?
I'm having a problem of no voice audio in TV streaming. Each start-up I must go into Apple Remote settings and choose MP60 2.1 as a temporary speaker. I'm planning to reset MP60 2.1 back to factory settings to fix this problem and then re-run RoomPerfect . Some say to stop after 90% complete.
I have the MP40 myself and set up a few MP60s. As long as you have the channels available and currently you do, you should give each sub its own channel. You can do this by letting the processor know you have 4 subs. Lyndorf can support up to 5 discrete subs by using the LFE plus 4 AUX subs. They will be labeled LFE1, LFE2...

"Some" say a lot of things. I wouldn't trust them. ;) I always run RP a few times past 90% and usually get to 95% or higher.

Does Lyngdorf have a dedicated audio driver (either WASAPI or ASIO) for use with ROON that will allow multichannel playback? The Roon Ready driver does not allow for multichannel playback. Any suggestions?
Good question. I'll try reaching out to Lyngdorf about multi-channel Roon.

#1artist

I do have four subs, but since the only place I can put them is stacked on each side of my big Maggies. I thought it would be easier for RoomPerfect to locate the subs if I call the bottom two F12SE subs LFE 1 and LFE 2. And the Open Baffle subs on top of them Sub L and Sub R. Since I know LFE info will route to all subs if I route Out 13 and 14 to Sub L and Sub R, and Oct 15 and 16 to SubLR and SubRR but since SubLR and SubRR are in the front stacked it may create a problem for RoomPerfect setup.

Attachments

• tempImagebZSI9s.png
    tempImagebZSI9s.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • tempImageLOCtgJ.png
    tempImageLOCtgJ.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • tempImagevjeGHg.png
    tempImagevjeGHg.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 56

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I do have four subs, but since the only place I can put them is stacked on each side of my big Maggies. I thought it would be easier for RoomPerfect to locate the subs if I call the bottom two F12SE subs LFE 1 and LFE 2. And the Open Baffle subs on top of them Sub L and Sub R. Since I know LFE info will route to all subs if I route Out 13 and 14 to Sub L and Sub R, and Oct 15 and 16 to SubLR and SubRR but since SubLR and SubRR are in the front stacked it may create a problem for RoomPerfect setup.
I think since your subs are of such different types you would be best served by letting the DSP have as much control as possible.

#1artist

I think since your subs are of such different types you would be best served by letting the DSP have as much control as possible.
I assume you mean to route them from 13, 14, 15 & 16. Then, I think the top W/Frame OB amp setting would be 80hz low pass. And the lower F12SE would be 50hz low pass to minimize overlapping. All four subs have Rythmik plate amps with settings on board. This would allow the Lyngdorf DSP to process them differently even though the LR and RR subs are in the front. I guess the measurements will position them.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can do stereo subs or mono (LFE) subs... your choice. For a home theater I would go with the mono or .1 setup, for a strictly music system I guess you could use the stereo configuration.

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.11.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.09.59 PM.png

#1artist

You can do stereo subs or mono (LFE) subs... your choice. For a home theater I would go with the mono or .1 setup, for a strictly music system I guess you could use the stereo configuration.

View attachment 261442View attachment 261443
If there is no designated LFE sub, then the LFE signal will be distributed across all front and rear subs.
With front and rear pairs of subs, the bass from the front and rear speakers will be directed to the respective pairs of subs, so the effect is to make your front left/right and your rear surround left/right more full range, and improve left/right and front/rear effects. The cutoff that redirects lower frequencies to the sub instead of to the main channel is determined by the size you tell RP when you set up your system.
Generally, 4 subs (2 pairs) will balance your bass better in a room, so you get more consistent performance in the room - fewer peaks and nulls. As well as the improved directionality.
This is a quote from someone on Lyngdorf facebook. He is saying that if I choose to use four subs in stereo that the LFE will be sent to them and size I determine for my front speakers will also have an effect. The large Maggies go quite low. What do you think about this quote:
"If there is no designated LFE sub, then the LFE signal will be distributed across all front and rear subs.
With front and rear pairs of subs, the bass from the front and rear speakers will be directed to the respective pairs of subs, so the effect is to make your front left/right and your rear surround left/right more full range, and improve left/right and front/rear effects. The cutoff that redirects lower frequencies to the sub instead of to the main channel is determined by the size you tell RP when you set up your system.
Generally, 4 subs (2 pairs) will balance your bass better in a room, so you get more consistent performance in the room - fewer peaks and nulls. As well as the improved directionality."

#1artist

View attachment 261442View attachment 261443
The GR Research W/Frame Open Baffle sub does not do well with LFD. Before RoomPerfect helped to tame it, it used to blow the speaker covers off. I think keeping it as SubL and SubR with a 80hz low pass filter will keep it out of LFE territory.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The GR Research W/Frame Open Baffle sub does not do well with LFD. Before RoomPerfect helped to tame it, it used to blow the speaker covers off. I think keeping it as SubL and SubR with a 80hz low pass filter will keep it out of LFE territory.
Personally I don't think I would be using an open baffle woofer as a sub, but there is enough micro control in the Lyngdorf that you should be able to get the most from them. You can even manually set a DSP curve for each speaker pre RP.

#1artist

Personally I don't think I would be using an open baffle woofer as a sub, but there is enough micro control in the Lyngdorf that you should be able to get the most from them. You can even manually set a DSP curve for each speaker pre RP.
I really appreciate your thoughtful help. The OB subs used to blow off the covers and bottom out with LFE before RoomPerfect tamed them. I think they will work well with music. I built them and I hate to throw them away. I also built the white housing cabinet. If I use the F12SE for LFE that should take care of movies and setting the OB at 80hz low pass should enhance music. I'll report back how it goes. I get the XLR cables today. Even though the GR Research W/Frame OB sub uses a Rythmik plate amps, Brian from Rythmik Audio does not recommend them. Enrico of Rythmik says that it will work to keep them and set 80hz low pass and use the F12SE with LFE.

Last edited:

Mhk

Sorry to interrupt,
I have a 9.1.4 setup but also listen to music a lot on just the main speakers although I do like the way "Party" mode sounds :)
My question is: I can't seem to get the subwoofer to work when just listening to the main speakers without post processing.
Is this even possible?

Top Bottom