• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

hwest

The MP 40 has only 3 hdmi inputs and a room correction system that has not been evaluated for $10000. The MP 60 is as expensive as a trinnov. I do not know what market niche exists for that product.
I have even looked at the JBL Synthesis but I understand that's just a rebranded system and not that great for the money.

Golfx

Forum Donor
Yes, I definitely understand that after looking around here for years, I did see the TDA-3400 review which was part of my concern and definitely also weighs into my decision. I know there are no perfect systems out there but will pay for one that has the least amount of flaws with the best features, it does come down to the Trinnov but I'm still struggling to buy that now before they release the HDMI 2.1 version of it which I know they are working on now.
Wise words. I too thought about waiting for the HDMI 2.1 upgrade but not being a gamer it didn’t seem logical. Marketing lust tells me I NEED 2.1 but there is still no streaming content. Plus I was worried the price would increase. Hopefully when the upgrade board is released it will allow onsite upgrade instead of shipping to a repair center. Maybe a nice youtube self help video. That said it will likely make the total cost of ownership more than if you waited for the complete unit already upgraded.

exm

The MP 40 has only 3 hdmi inputs and a room correction system that has not been evaluated for $10000. The MP 60 is as expensive as a trinnov. I do not know what market niche exists for that product.

There's still a $4,000 gap between the Trinnov and the MP-60 and the MP-60 is definitely a lot more user-friendly, including a much easier (and better?) Room EQ.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That has been the general comments on Lyngdorf not specific to this model.

I think you're analogizing from Power-DAC products to an AVP. At any rate, show us the correlation of SINAD at the levels of good AVPs to audibility.

Huh? RoomPerfect has been thoroughly studied. In the only public blind test of room correction systems known to me (see @Sean Olive's 2009 blog post,"The Subjective and Objective Evaluation of Room Correction Products") RoomPerfect was the only purchasable room correction system that was preferred over "no EQ" on a fairly demanding test (speaker that measures poorly - marked midrange dispersion disruption).

While I think the general state of room correction has improved since 2009 - introduction of Dirac Live and Dirac Live Bass Control, two new generations of ARC, and the Audyssey iOS app that allows a user to override the poorly-specified default Audyssey target curve and make their technology usable - RoomPerfect has also improved since then. The fact remains it started at a higher level than the competition.

I believe Amir also reviewed it here on ASR. I don't have it bookmarked, so you can search for it.

As for Lyngdorf vs. Trinnov, I can't answer that as I've never personally used Trinnov. I can say that Lyngdorf has effective room correction, great flexibility, and excellent user interface design. From hearsay Trinnov is more involved to use.

McAllister

I’m in the neighborhood for a new processor and this is on my list. Can anyone answer if the MP60 downsamples 96/192Khz To 48khz if Roomperfect is enabled?

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There's still a $4,000 gap between the Trinnov and the MP-60 and the MP-60 is definitely a lot more user-friendly, including a much easier (and better?) Room EQ.
Better would be something that would take quite an in depth look/testing at what each does. Easier I would agree with, better I would be surprised. But it probably gets down to what the user wants to do, and how they want to do it. Room perfect is very much a black box and limited compared to what can be done with a Trinnov. Whether or not an individual wants or would that flexibility is another matter. I still haven't seen any data on how well RoomPerfect deals with multiple subs as well as integration with the mains compared to something like Dirac DLBC. @jhaider I seem to recall had some info he was goiing to share in a review at some point on this (apologies if I am remembering incorrectly). It would be a lot of work but it would sure be interesting to compare how each handles multiple subs and mains integration. In my opinion how these devices handle multiple subs and mains integration is one of if not the most important thing.
It would be interesting if MP60 owners that had multiple subs posted measurments of how RoomPerfect did with multiple subs and how well in integrated it with the mains.

exm

Better would be something that would take quite an in depth look/testing at what each does. Easier I would agree with, better I would be surprised. But it probably gets down to what the user wants to do, and how they want to do it. Room perfect is very much a black box and limited compared to what can be done with a Trinnov. Whether or not an individual wants or would that flexibility is another matter. I still haven't seen any data on how well RoomPerfect deals with multiple subs as well as integration with the mains compared to something like Dirac DLBC. @jhaider I seem to recall had some info he was goiing to share in a review at some point on this. It would be a lot of work but it would sure be interesting to compare how each handles multiple subs and mains integration. In my opinion how these devices handle multiple subs and mains integration is one of if not the most important thing.
It would be interesting if MP60 owners that had multiple subs posted measurments of how RoomPerfect did with multiple subs and how well in integrated it with the mains.

I have a MP-60 2.1 with 2 subs configured as stereo subs (the options are either LFE or a pair of stereo front/rear sub). Lyngdorf calibrates each sub individually and I think that subwoofer integration is one of the areas where RoomEQ is known to be excellent.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a MP-60 2.1 with 2 subs configured as stereo subs (the options are either LFE or a pair of stereo front/rear sub). Lyngdorf calibrates each sub individually and I think that subwoofer integration is one of the areas where RoomEQ is known to be excellent.
Do you have any measurments to share on sub only measuremnets and/or measurements of combined L+Sub or C+Sub to see how it did on integration of subs+mains? I haven't come accross many post RoomPerfect measurements and it would be interesting.

Golfx

Forum Donor
I’m in the neighborhood for a new processor and this is on my list. Can anyone answer if the MP60 downsamples 96/192Khz To 48khz if Roomperfect is enabled?
I could not find that info either. Perhaps if you asked @Gene over at audioholics he might know.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In case it hasn't been linked to yet, @amirm's review of RoomPerfect is here What I find interesting in addition to what RoomPerfect does, is how it has you measure differently than other systems (randomly around the room) and what it chooses not to do. It seems to be much more conservative adjusting higher frequencies. I had a TDAI3400 in my 2 channel area and really liked the room correction.

hmt

Here in Germany the A16 is even 1000€ less than the MP-60.

hwest

I think you're analogizing from Power-DAC products to an AVP. At any rate, show us the correlation of SINAD at the levels of good AVPs to audibility.

Huh? RoomPerfect has been thoroughly studied. In the only public blind test of room correction systems known to me (see @Sean Olive's 2009 blog post,"The Subjective and Objective Evaluation of Room Correction Products") RoomPerfect was the only purchasable room correction system that was preferred over "no EQ" on a fairly demanding test (speaker that measures poorly - marked midrange dispersion disruption).

While I think the general state of room correction has improved since 2009 - introduction of Dirac Live and Dirac Live Bass Control, two new generations of ARC, and the Audyssey iOS app that allows a user to override the poorly-specified default Audyssey target curve and make their technology usable - RoomPerfect has also improved since then. The fact remains it started at a higher level than the competition.

I believe Amir also reviewed it here on ASR. I don't have it bookmarked, so you can search for it.

As for Lyngdorf vs. Trinnov, I can't answer that as I've never personally used Trinnov. I can say that Lyngdorf has effective room correction, great flexibility, and excellent user interface design. From hearsay Trinnov is more involved to use.
I think the JBL Synthesis SDP0-58 with 8K support will be my choice for quite a few reasons, mostly pricing and the features that I specifically want.

hwest

There's still a $4,000 gap between the Trinnov and the MP-60 and the MP-60 is definitely a lot more user-friendly, including a much easier (and better?) Room EQ
I understand that nothing can beat the Trinnov room calibration with their crazy 4 prong Mic and the accuracy you get from it.

exm

I understand that nothing can beat the Trinnov room calibration with their crazy 4 prong Mic and the accuracy you get from it.

You need a professional calibration to get these results, with RoomPerfect any John Doe can do this. Big difference.

hwest

Hello, brand new to the group. Thank you for letting me join. I’ll be in the market for an AVP in the next year. Almost all of the AVP’s that I’ve looked at have sent me to this forum because of the testing and reviews done here. The one that is currently at the top of my list is the Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1 https://lyngdorf.steinwaylyngdorf.com/lyngdorf-mp-60/
Is there any way of testing this unit sometime in the future? Thanks
Thanks for the feedback. The way you described the difference in room correction is what I’ve been told as well. What does the rest of your audio setup look like? Glad you are happy with the Lyngdorf.
I have spent much time researching Trinnov and Lyngdorf. The room correction 'room perfect' has a great concept of taking into account many factors not just signal but speaker type etc. The more I hear about the Lyngdorf with it's support for HDMI 2.1 and how they handle the end result which is sound, the more impressed I am. I still haven't been able to find out what type of DAC is used in the Lyngdorf but I'll assume it's a TI I don't know but it would be nice to know. I may actually call them up and ask them.

hwest

Guys, what do you think about pairing a Lyndorf 60 2.1 with an Emotiva Amplifier? The Lyndorf is around 14K I know Emotiva is a great amp at a very low price $2,100

hwest

Hello, brand new to the group. Thank you for letting me join. I’ll be in the market for an AVP in the next year. Almost all of the AVP’s that I’ve looked at have sent me to this forum because of the testing and reviews done here. The one that is currently at the top of my list is the Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1 https://lyngdorf.steinwaylyngdorf.com/lyngdorf-mp-60/
Is there any way of testing this unit sometime in the future? Thanks
Kegger, what type of AMP are you using with the Lyndorf?

OP
Kegger

Kegger

Kegger, what type of AMP are you using with the Lyndorf?
At this point in time I’m considering the Lyngdorf, Altitude 16, McIntosh MX180, and now the Anthem AVM90. Whichever AVP I go with, I’ll use either McIntosh or Anthem amps to power the speakers.

OP
Kegger

Kegger

Guys, what do you think about pairing a Lyndorf 60 2.1 with an Emotiva Amplifier? The Lyndorf is around 14K I know Emotiva is a great amp at a very low price $2,100

Personally I would stay away from Emotiva. Not sure on the quality of their amps, but I’ve read nothing but bad things about their pre/pro’s.

Top Bottom