• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf Cue-100 - Passive speaker with Purifi drivers

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sometimes high end speakers look awkward just to be different, to set themselves apart from the hoi polloi.
Those tripod legs remind me of the stands we used to have for flip charts. For those old enough to remember, Baby Boomers used to hold brain storming sessions with a big white pad near the presider on which he could draw on with magic marger, then tear off one sheet at a time to post various action plans to solve intractable problems that never would up being done because they never would have worked anyway.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sure they are. Yet, Lyngdorf's R&D does have nothing to do with them.;)

Nope. First time I see this kind of implementation. I also like the design. Not the overall speaker design, but how Purifis fade into the baffle.
If you get the chance, audition them, with their own digital amplifier.
I did yesterday. Couldn't believe how deep they go, how clear.
BTW, the legs do come off, so you could use any stand.
Looks are deceiving, they sound much bigger.

JRS

Major Contributor
And spouses terminating speaker lines as well:
1-may-30-2016-phil3-walnut-burl-pepperwood-jpg.3397456

Philharmonic Audio Model 3 RIP
Lovely, what kind is the wood in the baffle? Quite striking I think (which I may have to use for the Helios I am planning to build soom which I suspect will put these 6.5/AMT pretenders to shame at a fraction [1/8] of the cost). Plus those have to be about the deepest cabs I've seen along with a nicely contrasting wood. Well done)

Last edited:

NYfan2

Forum Donor

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Those tripod legs remind me of the stands we used to have for flip charts. For those old enough to remember, Baby Boomers used to hold brain storming sessions with a big white pad near the presider on which he could draw on with magic marger, then tear off one sheet at a time to post various action plans to solve intractable problems that never would up being done because they never would have worked anyway.
Tripod legs are from Ikea.

Top Bottom