• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Luxman M900U 2 Channel Power Amp

TheInquiring

Hi @dallasjustice!:)

"I’ll post some pictures of the new Benchmark gear and measurements later on this week..."
Please, please do! Could you also please comment on the "new" vs. "old" SOUND?;)

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Hi @dallasjustice!:)

"I’ll post some pictures of the new Benchmark gear and measurements later on this week..."
Please, please do! Could you also please comment on the "new" vs. "old" SOUND?;)
https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/benchmark-stack.2283/

I’m using them with the JBL M2 now.

https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...m2-audiolense-digital-crossovers-w-subs.2369/

I think the Benchmark gear is great for active setups. The overall sound is never heard before.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Benchmark equipment is superb I use their AHB2 amps here, the amp is the wee tiny box next to the giant horn.

Really quiet, economical just a joy.
Keith

TheInquiring

Thank you, @dallasjustice!:)
Glad you enjoy your new truly stellar setup.
"I think the Benchmark gear is great for active setups." Very important qualification: for my Monitor Audio based Hi-Fi system I will have to look elsewhere...:(

Keith, have you had a chance to compare Benchmark DACs to Chord Qutest DAC yet, please? Since you are in the UK, I thought you might have already had a chance...;)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Why will you have to look elsewhere for your Monitor Audio speakers? (Monitor Audio was jointly founded byMartin Colloms)
I haven’t compare DACs, honestly I wouldn’t expect there to be much difference unless the Chord measure really poorly.
Keith

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Pretty sure the Benchmark is great for passive setups, too. Kal's review seems to say so, and many other reviews agree. I think @dallasjustice's comment merely reflects his current system.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Pretty sure the Benchmark is great for passive setups, too. Kal's review seems to say so, and many other reviews agree. I think @dallasjustice's comment merely reflects his current system.
Yes. I didn’t mean that they were only good for active setups. I mentioned that they are good for active speakers because they are an unusual combination of features useful to active speakers.

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor

TheInquiring

Ahh... I see now. Thank you very kindly, dear experts, for the explanation.:)

Top Bottom