• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Luxman M900U 2 Channel Power Amp

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
With what will it be replaced?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What will you use in the meantime?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I thinking something close to that. I’m done with the big time stuff.
I bought a Job 225 and matching pre in a fit of craziness a few years ago. The amp is a superb backup, in fact whilst my Devialet was away having its streamer boards updated it occurred to me that it was all the amp I needed. The amp alone has too high a gain to use with most other preamps though. They also do an integrated. Too expensive for Amir's shootout, but probably more power in reserve too.

Goldmund bought Job (a nascent pro electronics brand) >20 years ago as a way to get their clever circuit. I believe the Job amps are the same pcbs in a case which costs 2% of the Goldmund enclosure.
Edit http://www.jobsys.com/products.htm

Last edited:
OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Looks like a sensible choice. No bs engineering.
That's what I am hoping for at least. I just placed an order for DAC3 DX, 2 ahb2 amps and a bunch of cables. I confirmed with their engineers that DAC3 propagation delay remains fixed (never shifts) over AES. This is important because I use a 4 channel system. The lynx hilo handles the 2 subs through monitor outputs and I will go AES out of the lynx hilo into the Benchmark DAC3. The DAC3 can be set to 24dbu, same as max setting for Lynx Hilo. This is the level I need for my setup and it's very good engineering that Benchmark allows for different output voltages on the DAC3 to accommodate both pro setups and consumer setups. My setup require pro output voltage so I am hopeful this all works out. We will see.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
That's what I am hoping for at least. I just placed an order for DAC3 DX, 2 ahb2 amps and a bunch of cables. I confirmed with their engineers that DAC3 propagation delay remains fixed (never shifts) over AES. This is important because I use a 4 channel system. The lynx hilo handles the 2 subs through monitor outputs and I will go AES out of the lynx hilo into the Benchmark DAC3. The DAC3 can be set to 24dbu, same as max setting for Lynx Hilo. This is the level I need for my setup and it's very good engineering that Benchmark allows for different output voltages on the DAC3 to accommodate both pro setups and consumer setups. My setup require pro output voltage so I am hopeful this all works out. We will see.
The purging of all audiophile luxury continues..

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
The purging of all audiophile luxury continues..
Yes. In my life, I’ve given up all pleasures (almost). It began with giving up unhealthy eating habits. Then I gave up alcohol. Then I began torturing myself in the gym 5 days a week at 5am. I recently gave up caffeine. This must be the final stage.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Yes. In my life, I’ve given up all pleasures (almost). It began with giving up unhealthy eating habits. Then I gave up alcohol. Then I began torturing myself in the gym 5 days a week at 5am. I recently gave up caffeine. This must be the final stage.
On the completion of this final stage are we all invited to the rebirth of Michael ceremony ?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They are super amps, I use them here with the horns,
Keith

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
On the completion of this final stage are we all invited to the rebirth of Michael ceremony ?
Sure. I'll report on the new benchmark gear and take some pictures.

I even sold all my fancy cables. I'm going to use the cables that benchmark sells, which aren't anything to show off.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Sure. I'll report on the new benchmark gear and take some pictures.

I even sold all my fancy cables. I'm going to use the cables that benchmark sells, which aren't anything to show off.
Some damn noble life choices, look forward to reading all about it.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Do you use them in bridged mode?
Good question, just as monoblocs, I don’t really need two, when one is out on demo it becomes a one amp ‘stereo’ set up.
Keith

Top Bottom