• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Luxman M113

Raul Nicconti

I have 2 Luxman M113 and want to bi-amp a new pair of Wharfedale Evo 4.2 The Luxmans are 60Watts at 8 omh. I am using a Topping D50s Dac and streaming Tidal as on my desktop system. Anyone think I could improve on the amps or would any improvement be minimal?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I have 2 Luxman M113 and want to bi-amp a new pair of Wharfedale Evo 4.2 The Luxmans are 60Watts at 8 omh. I am using a Topping D50s Dac and streaming Tidal as on my desktop system. Anyone think I could improve on the amps or would any improvement be minimal?

In theory, you can buy a modern amp that measures better and/or is smaller/more energy efficient.

In practice, given the not-too-bad sensitivity of those Wharfedales, you're fairly likely to be unable to hear a difference if you're operating far from your current amp's redline.

OP
R

Raul Nicconti

In theory, you can buy a modern amp that measures better and/or is smaller/more energy efficient.

In practice, given the not-too-bad sensitivity of those Wharfedales, you're fairly likely to be unable to hear a difference if you're operating far from your current amp's redline.
I forgot to add that most of my listening is at a low volume as I am working.

Top Bottom