• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LSA Voyager GAN 350 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 55 23.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

Lambda

Major Contributor
BTW, I strongly dislike how the FR depends on load impedance.
This is common with Class D but i was hoping GaN fets and the higher switching frequency would allow for higher bandwidth and filter at >40khz...
If the amps Operates at 1-2Mhz I would not care about if the filter roll off is at 30 or 60Khz.

Sadly its a bit early to truly judge the performance of GaN.
it looks like no one has relay innovated and used the capabilities of this new technology fully.

pma

Major Contributor
This is common with Class D but i was hoping GaN fets and the higher switching frequency would allow for higher bandwidth and filter at >40khz...
If the amps Operates at 1-2Mhz I would not care about if the filter roll off is at 30 or 60Khz.

Sadly its a bit early to truly judge the performance of GaN.
it looks like no one has relay innovated and used the capabilities of this new technology fully.

They use 400kHz switching freq, however. You can see it in @amirm measurement in post #1. So no chance to push the filter corner up.

Lambda

Major Contributor
@pma Thanks.
I was taking more in a general way about what i would hope to see with GaN
400Khz can easily be done with Sic. i have seen 1Mhz integrated Class D ICs 10 years ago... (remember "T-amp")

Also in waiting for a proper multi phases desigen amp
media-1054783-hegarty1.jpg

JayGilb

Major Contributor
With the rise in manufactured class D modules, it requires minimal knowledge to slap into a chassis and sell for a small fortune.
While there are many class D amps that are correctly assembled and laid out with correct by construction methods, this is a good glimpse
into the future of basement manufactured electronics.

A lot of people may not even notice the sub-par performance, due to confirmation bias and it most likely performs better than their previous system.

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just curious, do you guys consider the price of products while voting? Because for this one, if not for the exorbitant price and terrible QC I'd vote it "Not Terrible". If considering those 2 points it'd receive a straight "Poor" lol

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just curious, do you guys consider the price of products while voting? Because for this one, if not for the exorbitant price and terrible QC I'd vote it "Not Terrible". If considering those 2 points it'd receive a straight "Poor" lol
I specifically considered the price on this one because of the assembly errors. $3K for that. Pffttt. :facepalm: I would send it back and tell them to fix it.

Lambda

Major Contributor
Just curious, do you guys consider the price of products while voting?
Should we?

It is hard to rate this amp.
1. its broken
2. its super expensive

Apart from this its is ok.
if it would be 300€ desktop amp and if both channels would work properly i would give it a "fine".
But considering Price, Build quality and the fact its broken.... can only say its a Poor amp

I would send it back and tell them to fix it.
I would tell them to give me my money back and find an other sucker

Odradek

I'd say for rating, price is half of the equation

Last edited:

sam_adams

Major Contributor
Do we have any hint as to the amp module being used? Pictures are too fuzzy/low res to make a determination. Where's Maty with the CSI enhanced and optimized imagery?

Curios, why this over a Crown XLS for 1/5 the cost?
Edit:
Even better. Why this over a hypex amp for 1/3 the cost?

Last edited:

PeteL

Major Contributor
Curios, why this over a Crown XLS for 1/5 the cost?
Edit:
Even better. Why this over a hypex amp for 1/3 the cost?
The conclusion was that the amp is not recommended, so that should be your answer, no reasons to buy this.

testp

just some rambling... i feel like the postoffice panther is too nice for can't recommend product, i always think this panther means product was okeish...

then again, if product had some issue but otherwise worked, then it seems fitting for either case, never mind...

GWolfman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
just some rambling... i feel like the postoffice panther is too nice for can't recommend product, i always think this panther means product was okeish...

then again, if product had some issue but otherwise worked, then it seems fitting for either case, never mind...
Maybe chef panther with egg on food should go between headless and mailman.

Top Bottom