• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LS50 Meta vs M16

thetoe

Hello! I would love to hear everyone's opinion regarding a purchase I am considering. I am looking for a bedroom setup. Small room, already have a bluesound powernode amp (2021 version). I am trying to decide between the KEF LS50 Meta's and the Revel M16's. I have lusted for LS50's ever since the first one's released. Alas, I've never heard them or the meta's. There are no Hi-Fi stores anywhere near me and none of my friends are into it. I have been lately reading nothing but good reviews of the M16's. Looking at the measurements they look like they would be to my taste. That said, I can't stop thinking about the meta's. I love the way they look. I am willing to get a sub as well if needed. I'm just so confused. Any help is greatly appreciated!
-Danny

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Unless you are planning on investing in subwoofers and what it takes to set them up right, get the M16's. In the US you can get a pair of M106 Revels for about what the LS50's sell for.

OP
T

thetoe

Unless you are planning on investing in subwoofers and what it takes to set them up right, get the M16's. In the US you can get a pair of M106 Revels for about what the LS50's sell for.
Thanks Ron, can you give me some feedback on 106 vs M16's?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
All 3 speakers have been reviewed here. Read @amirm 's reviews. He does this stuff to to help people like you.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
If you can swing the Revel M106s, go for those, unless you like elevated bass, then go for the M16s.

LS50s (especially Metas) are great speakers, but absolutely need subs to augment their bass response. They do have narrower directivity, which works well in some rooms. They are also coaxial, which makes them less sensitive to height, when that is a concern.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For a small room you can even get a pair of LS50 Meta and a sub which you cross very low leaving the Metas running unfiltered which reduces the costs and effort alot (and of course max SPL), I have currently such a setup and a friend of mine who has the highest ranked "compact" speakers of all time of the German magazine Stereoplay said tonally its en par to his setup, imaging is actually even preciser, only SPL is of course limited.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the M16 is the best 'traditional' bookshelf speaker out there.

However in 2021 most people don't want traditional anymore.

Mackie

Seems the M16's have more low bass, but is the bass of good quality ? And how are they imaging wise compared to the Meta's ?

Top Bottom