• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie P20 possible issues with xlr output

masterguy12

Hello,

I recently came across an issue with the balanced connections. I run a MacBook to smsl su-8 balanced to loxjie p20 to akg k712 headphones (balanced cable). The issue I have is that when both of the left/right xlr cables at the back of the loxjie are plugged in, most of the sound is cut out besides some echo. If I remove one cable, the sound is back, but one side comes out as mono to both sides of the headphones.

For troubleshooting, I swapped the headphone cable to the default trs cable and switched the loxjie output setting to output 2 (the trs output) and got the full left/right signal.

I find that odd because setting the loxjie from xlr input to xlr output causes my problems, but doing xlr input to trs output is no issue.

I got a pair of replacement xlr cables on the way. I'm wondering if that will fix it, or if I have to RMA the loxjie.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought a returned Loxjie P20 from Amazon Warehouse the other day and it arrived DOA. It seemed really well built. I returned it and purchased a new one from HiFi Express. I also bought a pair of new GE JAN 5670 tubes for $3.99 each because the Chinese 6n3 that come with it are supposed to be junk. I've also read that the 1.67A 12V SMPS that comes with it is under-powered so I bought a cheap 5A 12V SMPS.

I'll post my impressions of the amp when I receive it.

I read that Amir has one to test... I'd like to see it tested. :)

Martin

Top Bottom