• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D40 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 42 17.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 184 78.6%

• Total voters

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yes it's pressed on, not screwed (plastic on plastic) and even that it looks like there could be solutions to it its rather frustrating to pay 500 for a dac and not have an adequate building quality...for gentle use.
I have the loxjie D40 but I still used it very little, but I also have the Loxjie D30 which has a similar system and which I have been using from the wheel for all functions for over a year and has not the slightest sign of failure

hitechakias

I have the loxjie D40 but I still used it very little, but I also have the Loxjie D30 which has a similar system and which I have been using from the wheel for all functions for over a year and has not the slightest sign of failure
The D40's knob wasn't steady from the 1st day...it was made to be pressed in and wobbles .. never thought it will be removed with normal use...the rest of the device looks and feels solid...except the optical input which was ready to be removed too when I tried to remove my Qed Reference Optical Cable...like it stuck inside.

DrCWO

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Quick question to Loxjie D40.

Running it with Roon can Device Volume be used to control the volume and is it reflected in the volume of the display?

Best DrCWO

Phidel

After bought the FiiO k7 I'm not happy with it, I want to return it and buy another DAC/Amp, what is better for games and music, Topping dx3 pro+ or Loxjie D40?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...maybe next time it will be forever out or I have to glue it...
Please resist the temptation to permanently affix (=glue) the knob back on.
Better bet would be to use a small piece of double-sided sticky tape, at the end of the knob shaft.

Dbshepp

Not sure this is the right place to post this. I’m brand new to this forum but was looking for advise. Just got the d40 to use as a DAC. The volume control on the remote is not working. Wondering if it’s defective or is it user error?

Eddy

I consider to use the D40 as Preamp with the AUDIOPHONICS AP300-S250NC. "This amplifier does not have a decoupling capacitor, so it lets the DC component of the signal through. Make sure your source has no DC component present at the output." Does anybody know whether the D40 provides such DC protection?

Top Bottom