• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D30 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I have a similar problem. Own Loxjie D30 v.2.

There are no problems when playing PCM, even when changing the frequency of tracks. But when playing DSD / SACD, the first track is always "lost" for 2-3 seconds, the rest are not, but only when playing sequentially. In MQA files, the first few seconds always disappear, although playback is on.

I turned to the DAC developer with this problem and received an answer: the loss of the first seconds is not a bug. This is how the device software works. This is done in order to avoid clicking when changing formats or frequencies. Alas, they will not change this algorithm in any firmware.

PS. I also asked the manufacturer to tell me more about which components are used in the device and which transformer is installed. I also asked to send a photo of the insides of the DAC. To which I received an answer: the scheme and the changed components are a trade secret and are not subject to disclosure. They refused to send the photo.

PS-2. Which DAC can you recommend to replace the D30? Such that it is not inferior in sound, and at the same time has no problems with "dropouts" in the DSD and MQA.

PS-3. I apologize for my English.
Thanks for the info.

With my Loxjie D30 v2, even when playing PCM, I go about 2 seconds without hearing the beginning of the track, and If this is the normal operating method of the Loxjie D30, it's not a very good one...

I'm thinking of replacing mine with the Topping DX5, but is way more expensive.

Zek

Major Contributor
Maybe there is some setting in the audio player to avoid this problem ...

Nevermind_ekb

Excluded. Checked on: 1) PC/Win + Foobar2000, 2) MacBook Pro + Audirvana, 3) Pioneer Stationary CD Player + MQA-CD, 4) Media player/streamer Zidoo z9x + USB Audio Player Pro. The same dropouts on MQA files are everywhere

I'm looking at the Gustard X16. I hope he has no problems with "dropouts" when changing formats and frequencies...

I use the DAC's headphone amplification, the Gustard X16 doesn't have it. And I had a Topping D10 and that issue never happened, so, my focus is still on the Topping DX5.

Last edited:
To solve the problem, since my playlist has about half of the songs sampled at 44.1KHz and half at 48KHz, I use the MusicBee resample option and set it to 48KHz, now all the tracks play at 48KHz, and the DAC doesn't cut the first 2 seconds of the track.

Nevermind_ekb

I use the DAC's headphone amplification, the Gustard X16 doesn't have it. And I had a Topping D10 and that issue never happened, so, my focus is still on the Topping DX5.
I originally wanted to buy Gustard X16, but then an updated version of Loxjie D30 came out and, to be honest, the price bribed me :) In fact, if it weren't for the "dropouts" in the DSD and MQA tracks, I wouldn't have thought about replacing the D30. Now I still want to implement my original plan. The X16 filling is much more interesting, and Amir gave him a good recommendation. PS. The headphone amplifier is not relevant to me, I listen to music only on speaker systems.

vonkenregen

Would the included amp of the D30 be enough to drive a DT990 pro up to its potential? (Either the 250 or 80 ohm version). Or the DT770 pro?

Last edited:
Top Bottom