• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D10

unklez

I just received the Loxjie D10 and did my first Rightmark Audio Analyzing. Doesn't look too good?

Return and get Khadas tone board ? :)

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 415
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 503

solderdude

Grand Contributor
What's the loopback from your sound card ?

What were the actual test levels and how did you measure ?

OP
unklez

unklez

I connected 3.5mm audio cable to headphone port on the Loxjie D10 and then connected to microphone IN on the PC motherboard soundcard.

Then just ran the standard test 32 bit 44.1khz. Did something wrong?

bcall

That would be the proper way to do it with that setup, however you are at the mercy of the noise floor of your motherboard's mic-in/line-in. The D10's noise floor could very well be far below than what you're seeing on the graph, and is masked by the quality of your motherboard's ADC capabilities. That's why dudes like Amir shell out for super expensive analyzers; their insanely low noise floor/distortion capabilities are what's needed to get an accurate measurement.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
If you used the mic input you won't get any proper readings.
When you used the line-in it is less of a problem.

To get reasonable readings your soundcard needs to be good and you would have to attenuate the output signal of the headphone out of the D10 and adjust the input volume of the sound card accordingly.

RMAA is a nice program but has limitations if you don't know how to get the most of it.
If you really want to know how well it measures send it to Amir instead or invest in a good soundcard.

SuperWilli

I just measured my D10 using the line in on my x-fi extreme something and got the following results, I also compared them with my smsl m6.
I used both the pre-outs and headphone outs of each dac/amp.

Attachments

• loxjie_headphone_out.pdf
    910.8 KB · Views: 336
  • loxjie_preout.pdf
    900.9 KB · Views: 270
  • smsl_m6_headphone_out.pdf
    939.9 KB · Views: 195
  • smsl_m6_preout.pdf
    901.6 KB · Views: 175
Top Bottom