• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

loxjie a30 usb input sound worse than analog in (SOLVED)

mARCELOCM

I recently got an loxjie a30 based on the good review that amir get from this unit.
but once i installed, i was very upset because the sound was worse than a tpa3116 that i have..
my speakers is a pair of Cambridge Audio SX-50, they are very good sounding with the old one, but with the loxjie every note seems lifeless, dry, hollow, no bass.. one channel is high volume than the other..
today i was so concerned of it, because i only tried usb and bluetooh inputs, and tried to test the analog input from my onboard realtek audio..
and the difference is just WOW.. lots of bass, mids and treble are silk.. so much better than the tpa3116

maybe is a driver issue? anyone has experienced this problem? what maybe the solutions or is it as is?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would have a look at all the settings on whatever is your source. Yes, including any driver settings or variants.

I once had a similar issue, thinking the sound from Amazon music was horrible and muffled. I have a sound output plugin on my Mac which has per application sound settings. Turned out I'd enabled a 10 band equaliser on my browser app set to a treble reduction equalisation. Since I was using the browser interface to Amazon music that was the cause. But it was buried in a settings page, so I didn't spot it.

OP
M

mARCELOCM

For who are interested, i solved my problem, i discovered that the usb chip is a Realtek ALC40--, its a chip that has DAC/ADC, i2s, i2c, HP class G amp, etc..
and Windows recognizes it as a USB 2.0 USB Audio, but, it recognizes as a Headphone out, maybe limiting its range and windows doesnt allow you to change for speaker (full range) out.
So i searched and find a Modded driver from AFF Optimus modded driver, its a modded realtek driver that adds asio support and a proprietary usb 2.0 audio driver, and when i installed it it recognizes has AFF driver, but now i can go into sound manager from realtek and change its output from headphones to full range speakers, but i cant change audio depth anymore, its now locked to 24bits/48khz
But now the sound comes fuller, very good sounding, the bass has more extension and is strong, very better than the analog in! and the difference is night and day!

So i wanted to share with you guys and you try to see if gets better for you to.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For who are interested, i solved my problem, i discovered that the usb chip is a Realtek ALC40--, its a chip that has DAC/ADC, i2s, i2c, HP class G amp, etc..
and Windows recognizes it as a USB 2.0 USB Audio, but, it recognizes as a Headphone out, maybe limiting its range and windows doesnt allow you to change for speaker (full range) out.
So i searched and find a Modded driver from AFF Optimus modded driver, its a modded realtek driver that adds asio support and a proprietary usb 2.0 audio driver, and when i installed it it recognizes has AFF driver, but now i can go into sound manager from realtek and change its output from headphones to full range speakers, but i cant change audio depth anymore, its now locked to 24bits/48khz
But now the sound comes fuller, very good sounding, the bass has more extension and is strong, very better than the analog in! and the difference is night and day!

So i wanted to share with you guys and you try to see if gets better for you to.
Thanks for letting us know.

Top Bottom