• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Digital Power Amplifier

Pandawan

I use it with a Panasonic (2013) connected in toslink and it works well. Maybe try the toslink input of A30 with another device ? Have you already try your TV toslink output before ? Good Luck.
Yes with my Logitech Z906 and it works perfectly.
I just tried to connect it to USB & it works fine. It's really with the Toshlink that it doesn't work..

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
That's great! I am certainly thinking I might just use the A30 sub out and not bother about high passing the speakers. My speakers don't do a lot of bass anyway. (Wharfedale Diamond 220)

Here is where you are missing something. Your mains don't do a lot of base, but they try to. So you still can get excessive excursion that will cause distortion in the range they do produce. So a HP to the mains reduces distortion and protects the woofers. If you want to investigate this further, download WinISD and model a woofer. Any one. Look to see the cone excursion in a simulation. Might scare the heck out of you. For this same reason, I am a proponent of sub-sonic filters. For music, a first order @ 20 to 25 works, but if into HT effects, might want a higher order just a tad lower. FWIW, I run a 24dB @ 60 Hz between my mains and sub, a 20 Hz first on the system. The difference is audible. Not great but audible especially if you crank it up to orchestra levels.

Pandawan

Hi everyone, I just received my Loxjie A30. Product at first sight very well finished, then I plugged it in to my android TV box in Toslink & immediately my speakers crackled very loudly. I tried after that to connect it to my TV directly & there it is not recognized at all. I tried to change the cable, to turn it over but nothing helped.

On the other hand, once in bluetooth, everything works fine.
Do you have any idea where this might come from?

Yes! I succeeded! I had to switch my audio output to PCM & suddenly everything worked.
Do you think this changes anything on the audio quality/transmission?

mattzildjian

Here is where you are missing something. Your mains don't do a lot of base, but they try to. So you still can get excessive excursion that will cause distortion in the range they do produce. So a HP to the mains reduces distortion and protects the woofers. If you want to investigate this further, download WinISD and model a woofer. Any one. Look to see the cone excursion in a simulation. Might scare the heck out of you. For this same reason, I am a proponent of sub-sonic filters. For music, a first order @ 20 to 25 works, but if into HT effects, might want a higher order just a tad lower. FWIW, I run a 24dB @ 60 Hz between my mains and sub, a 20 Hz first on the system. The difference is audible. Not great but audible especially if you crank it up to orchestra levels.

Well I certainly would HP my main speakers if I had a convenient way to do it. Using the A30 as a USB DAC, the only signal I can manipulate is the high speaker level outputs. Can I HP those before they reach the speakers?

Martynet

Hi everyone, I just received my Loxjie A30. Product at first sight very well finished, then I plugged it in to my android TV box in Toslink & immediately my speakers crackled very loudly. I tried after that to connect it to my TV directly & there it is not recognized at all. I tried to change the cable, to turn it over but nothing helped.

On the other hand, once in bluetooth, everything works fine.
Do you have any idea where this might come from?
Did you try USB port with android box?

mfrey0118

I also checked the manual and there is no mention of high pass on the speaker level outputs.

The knob you are referring to is the high cut for the subwoofer signal itself.

In your case, you are able to use your other DAC's line level output to pass through the emotiva sub, then into the A30, which will work.
However it is still not ideal, as it will be the only input on your A30 that will work with the sub, and all the other inputs like bluetooth, USB, optical, will not use the sub at all. Perhaps your other DAC has all these inputs anyway and you can just leave the A30 doing one job...

It's a real shame these little chinese amps don't ever seem to support a high pass feature for sub integration. It would solve this issue entirely.
This x1000....Fosi/Douk have it but their internal build quality is crap, I had to return both the Douk and it's twin the Fosi BT30E because constant popping through the speakers, and the audio would cut out when no signal, then take like half a second to cut back in when there was a signal, so if like you're listening to a podcast, you pray the speaker never pauses for long because you'll miss the first syllable of whatever he says after the pause, it got so I couldn't take it anymore. BUT THOSE AMPS HAVE SUB FREQ AND LEVEL KNOB. Now the SA300, no popping, no audio cutout, but DAMMIT no way to cross over the signal between sub and speakers.

daftKow

Hi everyone, brand new here - a bit overwhelmed but trying to learn along the way.

Thinking about this Loxjie A30 along with a pair of bookshelves (leaning towards the Q150) for a room approx 15x15'. We don't like to listen loud, nor are we super critical. What does everyone think of this A30 connected via USB (using on board DAC) to a raspberry pi. I have a zero W kicking around somewhere. It will strictly be using Spotify Connect.

I was thinking this or an all in one solution like the NAD C338.

The Capstan

Hi everyone, brand new here - a bit overwhelmed but trying to learn along the way.

Thinking about this Loxjie A30 along with a pair of bookshelves (leaning towards the Q150) for a room approx 15x15'. We don't like to listen loud, nor are we super critical. What does everyone think of this A30 connected via USB (using on board DAC) to a raspberry pi. I have a zero W kicking around somewhere. It will strictly be using Spotify Connect.

I was thinking this or an all in one solution like the NAD C338.

I am using the A30 with couple of Kef LS50 and a Dynaudio 250 sub and the mix sounds beautifully, especially after I have corrected the overall response with REW and the DEQ2496.
signal path is Daphile (using a small Lenovo Q190 PC) to Topping d10s acting as USB bridge, coax SPDIF to the Behringer, coax to the Loxje after processing.
The sub out from the A30 goes to the Dynaudio.
Maybe I will improve the setup to a more higher end DAC to connect the Behringer to the aux in of the A30.

best.

Sdhengst

Hi!
I'm looking for a decent small desktop amp to drive some DALI Spektor (1 or 2). Knowing that these speakers are not very easy to drive (83dB and 84dB), do you think this amp will do the job?
I'm also checking other options such as SMSL SA300, Topping PA3 and Tanget Ampster BT II.

I have a pair of DALI Spektor 1 as rear surrounds (paired with Denon AVR-X3500h) and they do a great job! I was so in love with these speakers that decided to buy some Spektor 2 for my PC desk. But now I have to find a decent low budget and small amp...

Thanks!

I'm also interested in the combination of the A30 with the Dali Spektor 1 (in stereo on a computer desk), have you tried it? As far as my eyes can see no one replied to your question in this topic.

Last edited:

Ralferator

The specs of the Dali Spektor 1 can be found here https://media-dali.azureedge.net/5716/spektor-brochure-uk.pdf

Hopefully somebody here with some background in this field can tell something meaningful about the combination of the A30 and the Dali Spektor 1.

The Dalis have a rather low sensitivity so i think they will only work well with the A30 if you listen at low to medium levels and not at very high volume or if you don't sit far away from the speakers (or if you don't listen to bass heavy music).

Last edited:

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These loxjie A30' are hard to come by when looking to purchase them. Even the official store for Loxjie is sold out and I don't see them online anywhere.

shadowings

These loxjie A30' are hard to come by when looking to purchase them. Even the official store for Loxjie is sold out and I don't see them online anywhere.
Maybe its because of Chinese spring festival, factories and shops are at holiday leave. As a chinses I find out that its hard to buy a Loxjie on domestic online shops. I cannot quite understand Loxjie canpany.o_O

OP
P

peterwen

Audio Company
As the shortage of partial raw material and aluminum housing upgrade,
Our popular models of loxjie A30 and D30 are out of stock now.
We are trying the best and fast way to solve it,Hopefully It will be restored supplying on end of April.
Much appreciated for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.

The Capstan

As the shortage of partial raw material and aluminum housing upgrade,
Our popular models of loxjie A30 and D30 are out of stock now.
We are trying the best and fast way to solve it,Hopefully It will be restored supplying on end of April.
Much appreciated for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.
Hi
I see you are qualified as “manifacturer”, so I hope you can reply to the following question.
I am happy user of the A30. Question: do you sell replacement of the remote? I dropped on the floor a number of times (the rounded base does not help), still working but I am afraid sooner or later it could give up...

thanks

Martynet

Hi!

First post for me :)

Ive been looking in to the A30 to build a small system for Spotify and my vinylrecords.
Found this amp from Dynavoice https://www.dynavoice.se/en/artiklar/ca802bt.html

Looks to be the same amp, just more expensive.

Would the Q acoustics 3030i be a good pair? Or maybe the Triangle BRO 3?
Wow, yeah, it looks identical. I'm sure it would be fine for qacoustics.
I use it with B&W M-1 and REL T Zero sub. Sounds amazing.

Top Bottom