• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

bjd1

Since A30 and FC3 are both low-priced devices, it's probably true their DACs are nowhere near the top of the line. I have no experience with higher-end DACs, but I am a big fan of the A30. If you did splurge on a nicer DAC, though, I think you'd have a pretty sweet system for still not a lot of money.

I've got my A30 hooked up to KEF Q150 bookshelf speakers, roughly equivalent to what you've got I think. I'm super-pleased with the combo. I'm not too concerned about noise myself - I'm mostly playing vinyl, and a lot of it's used so not pristine. I think that's part of the charm. For digital, I've got Roon via ropieee on a Pi, connected to the A30 via its USB. It's fine for me.

LaCroix

Since A30 and FC3 are both low-priced devices, it's probably true their DACs are nowhere near the top of the line. I have no experience with higher-end DACs, but I am a big fan of the A30. If you did splurge on a nicer DAC, though, I think you'd have a pretty sweet system for still not a lot of money.

I've got my A30 hooked up to KEF Q150 bookshelf speakers, roughly equivalent to what you've got I think. I'm super-pleased with the combo. I'm not too concerned about noise myself - I'm mostly playing vinyl, and a lot of it's used so not pristine. I think that's part of the charm. For digital, I've got Roon via ropieee on a Pi, connected to the A30 via its USB. It's fine for me.
That Q150 has pretty similar specs. Can the loxjie make it get really loud and fill a medium/big room?

And how is the noise floor and audio quality for you when you use the pi and roon at very low levels (imagine quiet background classical music for studying) since that's what I plan on doing 90% of the time

bjd1

My room is a small office - about 10'x11' - but I've never turned the A30 up beyond 50. And that was loud! Probably these small speakers and this inexpensive integrated amp were not designed to play clean, loud music to fill a large room. I suspect turning it up much beyond 50 would first start to overwhelm my speakers before the amp started noticeably misbehaving.

I mostly listen to low-volume jazz, not classical, while working. Not much in the way of quiet passages or large dynamic swings in the pieces I listen to, not like there often is in classical music. But I do sometimes turn it up loud if I'm up on my feet moving around the house. In neither case am I doing any careful listening where I'm going to detect weaknesses in my system.

I haven't experienced any problems with noise - by which I guess you mean audio output when there's supposed to be silence, or non-music sounds intruding on the music enough to be noticeable. Maybe it's my 60-year-old ears, though! :) For me, this setup produces clean music at levels I want, without any flaws that intrude on my enjoyment. I hope that turns out to be the case for you, as well.

shellback

Audio Company
Anyone else having any display issues? Mine is lit up light blue with no text displayed.

shellback

Audio Company
Never has an issue here. How old's your unit? Send it back.
A little less than a year. I've sent multiple emails with no response.

andreflambert

What do you guys think of this DAC/AMP from Aiyima? Link
It seems like it does everything the Loxjie A30 does, with even slightly stronger amplification, for almost half the cost. Sadly I can't find any reviews of it so I'm not too confident on it.

mvnchies

What do you guys think of this DAC/AMP from Aiyima? Link
It seems like it does everything the Loxjie A30 does, with even slightly stronger amplification, for almost half the cost. Sadly I can't find any reviews of it so I'm not too confident on it.

this person says it's flawed, maybe you could send a message and ask about it

gloop

Thinking about getting a Pair of Emotiva B1+s so I'm on the lookout for a speaker amp/dac and am between this Loxjie and the Aiyima D03.

I'd like to ask, since I'll be using the LP-120x turntable which has a built-in pre-amp. Is the RCA connection (from the turntable directly to the Loxjie) good enough or does it pale in comparison to the digital outputs (which I will be using for my TV and PC respectively)?

Liberty Prime

Hello everyone. Do you think this amp would be appropriate for a pair of Dynaudios A42? What about the match? Anyone tried it with Dynaudio speakers?

Thanks

bsphere

i need an amp with optical input and remote control for a bedroom TV setup, i'm going to pair Dali Oberon 1 speakers to it.
this is a secondary setup to a HT system in the living room.

the Loxjie A30 looks very interesting, but i read some reviews that it breaks down after some time.
do you recommend me to get this amp, or i better go with something more expensive like Yamaha A-S310, Yamaha WXA-50, Onkyo A9030, Marantz PM6007? everything is expensive where I live and exact pricing + shipping and availability for such amps will be checked in European Amazon stores..

ClassicGuy

OK, ran some more test and analog input actually is fine. For consistency I set all integrated amps to gain of 29 dB. Here, doing so resulted in much higher noise level. If I turn the volume down and increase input to 1.9 volt, I get the same result as digital:

index.php

So the preamp is noisy.

Does anybody know at what level the preamp noise becomes a problem (What volume number on the Loxjie A30)? I have the A30, but sadly my main use is through the noisier analog input. I would like to know the optimal volume range to operate it.

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Does anybody know at what level the preamp noise becomes a problem (What volume number on the Loxjie A30)? I have the A30, but sadly my main use is through the noisier analog input. I would like to know the optimal volume range to operate it.
set the volume of sound coming to A30 to max. Then regulate the volume in A30.

TLEDDY

Forum Donor
There is no remote, or volume control on that dongle. And no display.
I admit to being a bit jaded… that said, it is almost inconceivable that this unit is available for the price!

I have paid more for a replacement remote controller alone, not to mention a Caviar flight at a decent restaurant…

A wonderful review…as usual! Thanks.

Froggy23

Hi,
I need to buy a FDA for a TV set. I already have a loxjie A30 for my desktop and I'm really satisfied with it, I would like to buy one other for the TV.
The only problem is that the remote controller worked really bad with my desktop one, and it is very important for the TV set.
Can someone tell me if it was my unit who was defective? Does your remote controller work well with yours?
Thanks you

Neddy

My LoxA30 remote works fine with mine - however, I actually use the TV analog ouputs so I can control the volume with the TV remote.

Froggy23

Thanks you for your answer!
Can someone can confirm? I'm slightly paranoid after my bad experience

Last edited:

Malis

Thanks you for your answer!
Can someone can confirm? I'm slightly paranoid after my bad experience
Mine works as well. One unit is in my listening room where I use the remote that was supplied with the amp itself, other unit is being controlled by Logitech Harmony 665, in both ways they work flawlessly.

Top Bottom