• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

pnobrega

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the manual and it seems they bring a metal bracket.

Astro

Someone knows the Fire TV IR profile code for the loxjie a30? Or the IR device manufacturer?
I want to control the loxjie a30 volume and on/off with the fire tv remote.

Its not listed as manufacturer in the fire tv IR device options. (By the way, S.M.S.L is listed. But not at receivers but at soundbars)
For example, i know that Sabaj devices (at least the Sabaj A3) use a profile that is under the yamaha receivers options in the fire tv. Its #4165.
So i think, perhaps Loxjie is also in one of the hundreds of ir profiles that are selectable. Someone know it?
Can´t find any information about it on the manufacturer site.
Thank you for your help. :)
sabaj ir profil.jpg

Last edited:

danielw86

Hello, I bought the Loxjie A30 and I have a problem with it.

Before buying, I made 1.5mm2 (16awg) pure copper wires with a length of 1m (40in) to connect the columns (8ohm) with new amp. After connecting, the loudspeakers didn’t work, they made a clicking sound about every 1s. Heaving in mind that wires are hand-made, I connected to amp the first wires I could find – short wires of standart quality (img below).

View attachment 173958

The sound was audible but the amp made a hissing sound, a similar soft hissing noise was coming out from the loudspeakers when the music was stopped. I connected short wires x2 (next img), the sound from the speakers was perfect, the amplifier made a very quiet hiss when you put your ear to it.

View attachment 173959

I bought a pair of pure copper wires with a different cross-section for testing (0.5mm2 - 20awg, 0.75mm2 - 18awg, 1mm2 - 17awg), I cut them to a length of 1.5m (60in). Regardless of the configuration and connection of wires up to 4.5 m (180in), the speakers still did not work (clicking). Only when I connected 4 x 1.5m (60in), meaning: 6m (240in), a nice sound came from the speakers, the amplifier hissed slightly when I put my ear to it, hissing could not be heard in the speakers when the music was not playing (img below).

View attachment 173960

The loudspeakers are 8ohm DIY project "Overnight Sensation' by Paul Carmody (Specifications: 25 watts RMS/50 watts max, 45-20,000 Hz (-3 dB), 8 ohms, 83 dB 1W/1m). The loudspeakers worked well with the Sony micro system and the previously borrowed Pioneer amplifier.

The volume of the source or the amp does not influence the clicking or the hissing volume. Could applying a filter help? It is not a problem for me to use 6m of wires, but I wonder if the amplifier is broken.

I even measured the resistance of the wires out of curiosity:
- the short, standart-quality wire: 1.0;
- short x2: 1.4;
- copper 1.5m: 0.2;
- copper 3m: 0.2;
- copper 6m 0.2.

The next step will be to disassemble the loudspeaker and check it, then I will send the amplifier back to China. I don't know if this amplifier is so sensitive or the loudspeakers are. Thanks for any tips.
Hey,
Any update? You return loxjie? I have the same problem with the polk xt20 and loxjie a30 :( I found that also other people have this problem https://www.reddit.com/r/BudgetAudiophile/comments/pjhg1x/_/hv1b25s
before polk xt20, I have connected wharfedale 220 and there was no problem

Last edited:

patee

lox.jpg

Hi guys, long time lurker and now when got my A30 time to register ;)
Just got it yesterday. Looks like aptX HD is in operation in my piece.

Tried some Hi-Res music, with FLAC got up to 24BIT/352.8kHz.
DSD are also playable, but since source was Pi4 with Volumio I belive there was some on-the-fly DoP.
Since there is no sampling displayed when USB selected please advice which software/device I can use to connect to A30 than will be bit-perfect all the time.

destase

Beginner here. From all I’ve read, I’m guessing this thing probably isn’t enough to power the C-Notes (83db sensitivity, 8 ohms) I’m setting up in my living room for average TV/music use at 9ft listening distance. So I’m thinking the Aiyima T07 plus a DAC would be a better idea.

Does that sound right?

jdg78

Beginner here. From all I’ve read, I’m guessing this thing probably isn’t enough to power the C-Notes (83db sensitivity, 8 ohms) I’m setting up in my living room for average TV/music use at 9ft listening distance. So I’m thinking the Aiyima T07 plus a DAC would be a better idea.

Does that sound right?

I use the A30 to power a pair of Micca RB42s which are also 83db sensitivity 4-8 ohms, and it doesn't have any problems driving them to full volume levels. I only have to set the volume output at around 50% to get there, so they can also go quite a bit louder if needed.

If you're planning to listen in a small-medium size room at 9 ft distance, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

composer

Can you tell me something more about the inner EQ settings? Reading the manual I didn't get so many info.

It looks like there's a bunch of standard presets, with bass and treble control.

Do the presets "kill off" the bass/treble control?
Do the bass treble shelving EQ affect some mid-range as well?

Of course I'm not expecting anything overwhelming, but do these tone control sound effective, or they just add some "boom and hiss"

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Dystophic

Can you tell me something more about the inner EQ settings?

You either use a preset or you manually adjust bass and treble, you cannot do both at the same time. Adjusting the bass will also affect the lower mids and adjusting the treble will also affect the upper mids, so there is a roll-off in the adjustments. I do not have the feeling that the adjustments only add/remove "boom and hiss", the adjustments make decent tweaks to the overall sound profile.

The Capstan

1) Do the presets "kill off" the bass/treble control?
2) Do the bass treble shelving EQ affect some mid-range as well?

Of course I'm not expecting anything overwhelming, but do these tone control sound effective, or they just add some "boom and hiss"

Thank you in advance for your feedback
it's a pretty much bass/treble control. Processing occurs in the analogue domain.

as for question 1) yes, you need to use presets OR manual bass treble control.
as for question 2) no, by looking at curves, behaviour is similar to "Baxandall" filter response you may find in some old stereo equipment. Midrange are only marginally affected as you may see in the diagrams in Loxjie page.

saluti da Milano :)

lfallon86

I purchased the A30 a couple weeks ago to facilitate a small-ish 2.1 setup for my desktop. I had exclusively been connecting via USB (which works fine), and yesterday wanted to try out optical after reading the a30's volume output is evidently less when connected via USB vs optical. The volume difference is noticeable (prob around 5db more when using optical), however, I receiver intermittent cutouts when connected via optical (roughly once every couple minutes the audio cuts out completely for a split second).

I've somewhat ruled out the speakers and content as causes of the problem, as I don't experience this on the a30 when connected through USB & viewing/listening to the same content. I'm prob gonna purchase a new cable to see if that's the root cause, but was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with optical and the a30 and/or if there would be additional things I could try in terms of troubleshooting this?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
How long is the optical cable? What bit rate are you sending?

lfallon86

How long is the optical cable? What bit rate are you sending?
Thanks for the reply, Tony. It's 3 feet. When connected it (loxjie A30) defaulted to 24bit/44.1khz (though this appears to be configured through the pc's realtek settings - i don't see the Loxjie automatically changing the displayed bitrate & instead is just reflecting what is set by the pc's realtek sound settings).

In any case, along with 44.1, have tried changing realtek default format to 96 and 192khz (somewhat excessive) which does reflect on the a30 - behavior has been the same however. Sounds fine, but has the intermittent cutout

Last edited:

ClassicGuy

Thanks for the reply, Tony. It's 3 feet. When connected it (loxjie A30) defaulted to 24bit/44.1khz (though this appears to be configured through the pc's realtek settings - i don't see the Loxjie automatically changing the displayed bitrate & instead is just reflecting what is set by the pc's realtek sound settings).

In any case, along with 44.1, have tried changing realtek default format to 96 and 192khz which does reflect on the a30 - behavior has been the same however. Sounds fine, but has the intermittent cutout

As a datapoint, optical on my Loxjie works fine. One suggestion, maybe double check that both ends of the optical cable are pushed in properly.

lfallon86

As a datapoint, optical on my Loxjie works fine. One suggestion, maybe double check that both ends of the optical cable are pushed in properly.

Gotcha. Aight, i'll double/triple check everything is wired & connected securely/properly & give her another try.

lfallon86

Well, cable appeared in securely - but decided to take out / put back in to be sure .. Sure enough, I haven't had any cutouts since (had it playing for a few hours, including same content which was sporadically cutting out last night). Anyway, thank you sir - sometimes it's literally the ol' "have you tried unplugging & plugging back in?" solution lol.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Well, cable appeared in securely - but decided to take out / put back in to be sure .. Sure enough, I haven't had any cutouts since (had it playing for a few hours, including same content which was sporadically cutting out last night). Anyway, thank you sir - sometimes it's literally the ol' "have you tried unplugging & plugging back in?" solution lol.
Toslink is obviously susceptible to any material in between the cable and receiver - even just a bit of dust.

waKaka

您好:) ,我注意到 loxjie A30 有同轴电缆。是数字输入吗?A30数字输入的测试结果包括同轴吗?希望翻译软件能正常使用。

Edit: Please translate first.

Hi , I noticed that the loxjie A30 has a coaxial cable. Is it a digital input? Does the test result of A30 digital input include coaxial? Hope the translation software can be used normally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dystophic

Hello:) , I noticed that loxjie d30 has coaxial. Is it a digital input? Does the test result of d30 digital input include coaxial?I hope the translation software works normally.
Digital inputs include USB, coaxial and optical (S/PDIF). According to some (including me), the USB input is inferior to the coaxial and optical inputs.

Top Bottom