• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

SonOfSine

I use it that way.
Iphone 13 -> Lighting to USB OTG adapter -> USB cable -> Loxjie A30.
Works OK.
Hmm, strange. I’m using almost the same phone (13 mini) in same configuration without success. The USB output works fine connected this way to other DACs, just not the Loxjie.

forest

I'm getting intermittent audio cut outs with my Loxjie A30 when using the optical input from my PC, which doesn't happen when I use USB or AUX. I've tried changing cable, and when I use optical from my PC to a DAC there are no issues. Interestingly, the A30 optical input worked fine when I tried a different source other than my PC. Anyone know what could be going on or had similar issues with the optical input?
I have had similar issues with my Loxjie A30 (purchased in March this year). The amp was connected to a TV via optical and to a CD player via coax. I never used USB or AUX. I tried BT once but this input had the worst rate of cutouts. Both TV and CD player including their respective cables were/are working fine in a different setup.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the reason for the cutouts might be. In another forum, someone suggested that the A30 could be more intolerant to jitter than other amps.

I have since bought a Topping MX3s and recently returned the A30. I found the sound quality of my modest setup (Marantz CD5000 (coax), 2x Wharfedale Diamond 220) a lot more enjoyable with the MX3s than with the A30. I also find the MX3s easier to use and much prefer the volume/gain setting being shown in large numbers on the display as opposed to the input source.

Top Bottom