• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Low Watt Speaker Recommendation Appreciated

OP
S

sjenerik

Have you tried this?
I had not. Sometimes it’s the little things. Thank you, the difference is massive. Not to say there is a huge amount of bass, but at least the kick drum and bass guitars have rejoined the band. The lovely clarity in the mids and highs now have at least a bit of foundation to stand on, and are no longer floating off into the ether.

PSA: If you own Klipsch RP-600Ms and a tube amp. Run them at 4 oms.

OP
S

sjenerik

You could try backing them up closer to a wall. It'll make a difference - how much I'm not sure as I'm not familiar with those speakers... :cool:
Yes indeed it does make a difference in both the amount of bass and the soundstage. Now that I’ve found the marginal fix of running them at 4 ohms I shall continue to dial their location specific aspect.

garbulky

Major Contributor
So with the review claiming excellent bass down to 37hz (ha ha ha) how do you explain your impressions?
Room, amp, expectations? Did you have the Emo's there at the same time to compare or were you running on memory?
Yes there will be variances in bass between these small standmounts depending on design, sealed or ported, port tuning, the driver specs, etc. But there's just no changing the laws of physics, you can only milk so much bass at X spl from a approx 1/3 cuft box and a 6" driver.
Though there was low bass if I cranked it and ran a fr it was too low in proportion to be considered usable when listening to music. I would have been happy with solid 50ish-60hz reproduction but there wasn’t much there. Wasn’t amp related imo as the amp was tried on several different speakers as well. My living room is small and forgiving on bass so I have heard adequate bass (within reasonable context) out of small speakers before.

Top Bottom