• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Low Frequencies and Their Effects

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So now we know the frequency, what’s the wavelength? And how big a room do I need?

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am affected by the moon cycle. I live with my wife and two young adult daughters.

edit: relative to the thread high frequency. The mood swing does seem quite frequent.

Last edited:
OP
Wes

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
better hope you get to listen to your Symphonic Bombast Mark IVX speakers of a while before the next cycle wipes out

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Friend of mine dropped his way of life to pursue a degree in planetary geology. He had this to say:
I don't think I can give a qualified dismissal of that paper but I am skeptical. They only examined the last 260 million years, for instance, whereas the Earth is 4,500 million years old. That's, like, 6% of the history of the planet.

On the other hand, I know other researchers over time have come to similar conclusions. There was someone in the '80s who proposed a similar kind of cycle based on different evidence.

So there might be something. There are plenty of cycles in the world. Why not a cycle of activity in the flow of material in the mantle?
I would be on the side of cycles, since it implies that there is more ability to make eventual long term predictions. But this is just speculation on my part.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably causes mental illness.

Top Bottom