• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Low distortion, low wattage amp?

ppataki

Major Contributor
Currently I have NC250MP amps driving a pair of low-sensitivity (82dB) speakers
I am putting together another system with a pair of high-sensitivity (99dB) full range speakers
I am wondering if there are any amps that provide very low distortion figures like NC400 and Purifi (or even my 250MPs) but with much less power since I would not need a power plant for the full range speakers
Any advice I would appreciate
Thank you

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am putting together another system with a pair of high-sensitivity (99dB) full range speakers
I am wondering if there are any amps that provide very low distortion figures like NC400 and Purifi (or even my 250MPs) but with much less power since I would not need a power plant for the full range speakers
Thank you
There's the NC122MP but you're probably aware of that. To my knowledge there's no penalty to have more power than necessary. With Class D it's not even a power-saving (electricity) issue.

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thank you
I do like the idea of a 'precision instrument' though, one that prioritizes the first watt (and less). Perhaps there's great measuring SETs or something else out there. But yeah, you could probably end up spending more and getting way less power AND worse performance in return.

dezza

Regarding Neurochrome products,

Do they provide instructions for the novice on how to assemble their gear

Top Bottom