• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Low Cost DAC with clock in/out.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
For some experimentation, I am looking for low-priced DACs with (1) S/PDIF or AES/EBU input, (2) at least 24/192PCM capability and (3) clock input and output so that multiples can be synched. Low cost means <$500 but "less is more."

gvl

Major Contributor
Will a device like Mutec MC-3+ do what you need? There is one on fleabay at the moment for about what you had in mind.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Thanks, guys. I have resolved this issue.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I didn't need the clock in/outs.

garbulky

Major Contributor
It is an ADC and a DAC and a lot of other stuff. I understood the question as 1 clock in 1 clock out. What would be the purpose of multiple clocks in?
Well I guess it doesn't matter cuz the OP has found a solution that doesn't need clocks.
But what he wrote was " (3) clock input and output so that multiples can be synched."\
Edit: Oh pshhh... I just realized (3) meant the number on the list not the number of clocks. My bad.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Well I guess it doesn't matter cuz the OP has found a solution that doesn't need clocks.
But what he wrote was " (3) clock input and output so that multiples can be synched."\
Edit: Oh pshhh... I just realized (3) meant the number on the list not the number of clocks. My bad.
Well, yes, that was the 3rd item on the list and, in addition, one clock in/one clock out allows for daisy-chaining multiple DACs.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, yes, that was the 3rd item on the list and, in addition, one clock in/one clock out allows for daisy-chaining multiple DACs.
Could you be more specific about how you are going to use them and what your solution was or is that giving away something you wish to keep private at this time?

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Could you be more specific about how you are going to use them and what your solution was or is that giving away something you wish to keep private at this time?
Mum's the word for now.

Top Bottom