• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lossless streaming to a Bluesound Node–what are my options?

tpict

I've recently bought a Bluesound Node, which I bought mainly for its HDMI eARC input, and have that connected to a pair of active speakers. I'm planning on buying a turntable which will be located elsewhere in the same room.

At first I planned on running long RCA cables from the phono stage/preamp to the Node, but this thing is a "wireless streamer", right?

I don't know enough about the wireless audio space to get the search terms right, but I'm basically looking for a box I can connect to the preamp and have losslessly stream to the Node. Ideally it would be always-on so that switching between TV/turntable could be done painlessly with the BluOS app. Not sure what the correct lingo is–I would have thought a "streamer" would broadcast rather than receive streams.

Does something like this exist? What protocols/technologies should I be looking at for lossless streaming? (Red Book standard is fine, latency doesn't matter)

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've recently bought a Bluesound Node, which I bought mainly for its HDMI eARC input, and have that connected to a pair of active speakers. I'm planning on buying a turntable which will be located elsewhere in the same room.

At first I planned on running long RCA cables from the phono stage/preamp to the Node, but this thing is a "wireless streamer", right?

I don't know enough about the wireless audio space to get the search terms right, but I'm basically looking for a box I can connect to the preamp and have losslessly stream to the Node. Ideally it would be always-on so that switching between TV/turntable could be done painlessly with the BluOS app. Not sure what the correct lingo is–I would have thought a "streamer" would broadcast rather than receive streams.

Does something like this exist? What protocols/technologies should I be looking at for lossless streaming? (Red Book standard is fine, latency doesn't matter)
I'm not quite sure what your question is. "Streaming" is essentially the modern way to acquire audio from a remote source via the internet. It can be done wirelessly via WiFi or through an Ethernet connection. That's what the Node is designed to do, and it's capable of sending the signal out in either digital form or analog, the latter by using its internal DAC.

What exactly do you want to accomplish? You can certainly connect a TV to the Node input via eARC using an HDMI cable and a turntable (phono preamp output) via the "analog in" port. Any source that produces an active signal to the Node will be output to downstream components. I play TV through my stereo using this approach.

See https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/e...Connecting-a-turntable-to-Bluesound-Node-2021

Last edited:
OP
T

tpict

The TV + Node setup works great. My question was: what hardware I need to wirelessly connect the preamp's output to the Node?

Turns out, Bluesound recently released a new product, the HUB, for exactly this purpose. So I suppose that would do it.

Still, I'm interested in other wireless solutions. The HUB is a bit overkill for my purposes. I only need one line-level RCA input, and this thing has a built in phono stage and a dozen other inputs.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think he wants to stream from his turntable.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The TV + Node setup works great. My question was: what hardware I need to wirelessly connect the preamp's output to the Node?

Turns out, Bluesound recently released a new product, the HUB, for exactly this purpose. So I suppose that would do it.

Still, I'm interested in other wireless solutions. The HUB is a bit overkill for my purposes. I only need one line-level RCA input, and this thing has a built in phono stage and a dozen other inputs.
If all you want is to be able to access vinyl through the Node, a simple RCA connection from your phono preamp to the Node's analog input will do it. If you want to do it remote and wireless, I'd think you would need to do it via Bluetooth.

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another option:
YMOO 2.4Ghz Wireless Transmitter Receiver for Home Audio, 320ft-Long Range & 20ms-Ultra Low Latency RCA Metal Transmitter Receiver Adapter Set from TV/ PC to Subwoofer/ Powered Speaker/ Stereo https://a.co/d/ahfUBU2

Top Bottom