• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking to buy my first DAC

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Take a good look at the JDS Labs Element III, I absolutely love my Element II, somethings are greater than the sum of their parts, the fit and finish and big knob are very nice, along with the screen and auto-gain its a joy to use.
Yes, the JDS Labs Element III is on my shortlist too. One peep here at ASR is having a software issue with his atm (today) and so I am a bit cautious about that model right now. I want to see what happens with this issue.

The new DX5 should be pretty good and maybe.
That's what I've been thinking is a good Topping choice. It has a bit more power than the JDS Labs Element III.

OP
C

CarlToft

Yes, the JDS Labs Element III is on my shortlist too. One peep here at ASR is having a software issue with his atm (today) and so I am a bit cautious about that model right now. I want to see what happens with this issue.

That's what I've been thinking is a good Topping choice. It has a bit more power than the JDS Labs Element III.
Is the dac that is pretty insane Amir the owner has reviewed it as the 4 best dac of all he tested.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the dac that is pretty insane Amir the owner has reviewed it as the 4 best dac of all he tested.
Yes, I was very surprised to see it test so well.
index.php

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Oh ok I failed to notice that you have a good amp already. I would get a Topping E30, I think they only connect via RCA.

Top Bottom