• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for the perfect all-in-one-device: Preamp, Phono-Pre(MM), DAC and Headphone Amp, Streamer

K31z0

Hi Folks,

i am a long time reader in this forum, but have been reading most of the time until now. A friend of mine is looking for a (more than) decent stereo system for his living room (approx. 25m², 3,35m high). He'll be listening at moderate levels only.
His sources are going to be an old (rather cheapish) phono player with MM-System, his TV-Set (SPDIF-Out), CD-Player, Bluetooth and/or Spotify Connect. I'd love to recommend the Neumann KH80 DSP + KH 750DSP Sub to him, because I just love the sound, they measure extraordinarely well and are quite easy to set up.
Now I am looking for an oneboxonly-solution that does connect to the above-mentioned Sources and Speakers. The Okto8 would be awesome, but it seems not to be available in the nearer future. The miniDSP SHD would be interesting as well, but it is even expensive and we are not that interested in the dsp section, since it is already build in the sub itself.
An AVR like the Denon X3700 etc. would definetely include everything necessary, but the amps build in it wouldn't be used.
Any suggestions, if there is an excellent sounding cheaper alternative on the market? Cheers.

SMc

Marantz NR1200. Many more cheaper choices if he's willing to give up the lps or use a separate phono stage.

Top Bottom