• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for the best bang for buck 2 channel amp with Bluetooth to power my Tritrix speakers. DAC?

syvmn

Hi everyone! First post here for me.

My father passed away a few years ago and I inherited his vinyl collection as well as his turntable. In a pinch to get it up and running, I got a crappy amp as well as a decent(?) preamp to power my DIY Tritrix speakers.

Unfortunately the turntable has a bad motor. I am more attached to the vinyl collection than the turntable (its not a great model), so I am thinking of upgrading my system.

The speakers are good, and I think the preamp is ok. I am looking for a new turntable and 2 channel amp. I have a good idea of what I am going to get to replace the turntable (Probably the Fluance RT82) but I am struggling to find an amplifier.

I have two young kids (2 and 4) that love listening to music with me while they jump around and "dance". We play vinyl as well as silly kid songs. This is why I need bluetooth with the amp. I use my phone to play kids stuff for them.

My question then is this: What is the best amp I can get for my money that will play my vinyl faithfully as well as having bluetooth connectivity for silly kids music. I'm also a little confused about what a DAC is. Do I need an amplifier with a DAC to play music over bluetooth?

My budget is $200, but I am interested in any options from $50 up to the max.

Thanks for any help!

D

Deleted member 43441

Hi everyone! First post here for me.

My father passed away a few years ago and I inherited his vinyl collection as well as his turntable. In a pinch to get it up and running, I got a crappy amp as well as a decent(?) preamp to power my DIY Tritrix speakers.

Unfortunately the turntable has a bad motor. I am more attached to the vinyl collection than the turntable (its not a great model), so I am thinking of upgrading my system.

The speakers are good, and I think the preamp is ok. I am looking for a new turntable and 2 channel amp. I have a good idea of what I am going to get to replace the turntable (Probably the Fluance RT82) but I am struggling to find an amplifier.

I have two young kids (2 and 4) that love listening to music with me while they jump around and "dance". We play vinyl as well as silly kid songs. This is why I need bluetooth with the amp. I use my phone to play kids stuff for them.

My question then is this: What is the best amp I can get for my money that will play my vinyl faithfully as well as having bluetooth connectivity for silly kids music. I'm also a little confused about what a DAC is. Do I need an amplifier with a DAC to play music over bluetooth?

My budget is $200, but I am interested in any options from $50 up to the max.

Thanks for any help!

Amir has reviewed quite a few of them, I would definitely look at the review list and I will paste the link below. I think you can definitely get something for your budget, possibly even less expensive. Just scroll through and if you scroll to the right, you can look at the prices, and towards the middle of the index is what kind of electronic it is. Happy hunting.

Edit;

I don’t have a lot of experience with the less expensive ones, and only a little bit with the newer ones. Others have much more experience than me and maybe they will answer. But the link will get you started.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
A aiyima d03 could be intersting?

No if it plays BT DAC is build in.

D

Deleted member 43441

A aiyima d03 could be intersting?

That looks like a prospect, I just don’t see any measurements for it. Unless it was reviewed here objectively I don’t have time to look right now. But it looks like it does everything the OP would need.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
That looks like a prospect, I just don’t see any measurements for it. Unless it was reviewed here subjectively I don’t have time to look right now. But it looks like it does everything the OP would need.

No, no measurements. But aiyima did acceptable with integrating chips. So i hope they did acceptable with this to. And we have a subjective review by a member that looks honest.

D

Deleted member 43441

No, no measurements. But aiyima did acceptable with integrating chips. So i hope they did acceptable with this to.

Just like Topping, and all of the other Chinese companies, these new ones have to start somewhere. I’ve seen that brand on Amazon along with all of the others that are just rebadged items of the same thing. They’ve gathered the following already, so my point is they’re probably doing it right and making a name for themselves.

I’m not trying to classify people lol, but just like the Japanese took over electronics in the 1970s to 1990s, the Chinese are doing it right now. You’re only as good as your specs in measurements, and they know that.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Just like Topping, and all of the other Chinese companies, these new ones have to start somewhere. I’ve seen that brand on Amazon along with all of the others that are just rebadged items of the same thing. They’ve gathered the following already, so my point is they’re probably doing it right and making a name for themselves.

I’m not trying to classify people lol, but just like the Japanese took over electronics in the 1970s to 1990s, the Chinese are doing it right now. You’re only as good as your specs in measurements, and they know that.

I mean they integrate TI or infinion chips. And if they not make bigger mistakes the amps will perform acceptable.

OP
S

syvmn

After browsing Amir's list and filtering for my requirements, the only one that popped up was the Loxjie A30. However, in his review, he states that the analogue inputs are not as good as the digital. Does that mean my record player will not sound very good?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
After browsing Amir's list and filtering for my requirements, the only one that popped up was the Loxjie A30. However, in his review, he states that the analogue inputs are not as good as the digital. Does that mean my record player will not sound very good?

No, they are well above vinyl.

A good choice.

Last edited:

Joe Smith

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The bigger issue for good turntable sound will probably be that preamp, not your amp. It might be OK to use for a while. Later, when your budget is refreshed, you could go up a couple of clicks there. Many decent options in the $100 to $200 range.

Some of my favorite budget components right now include the Aiyima a07 amp with its standard power supply (about $80) and in the turntable world, the Audio-Technica AT-120xusb turntable with an included 95vme cartridge. Manual (no auto return) but you can get online for about $230 shipped. The AT does have a built in phono pre but I don't use it, it's probably about on par with the current preamp you have though. Would be a backup. The Fluance tables look a little more refined, I know, but the AT is a solid table at a good price.

If you want Bluetooth built in, the Aiyima D03 is probably a good way to go. It has a nice feature set. I use a separate BT receiver but I know a lot of separate small boxes can look "cluttered" and it's not everyone's jam.

Good luck! It's a great time to surf the budget side, there is really good equipment to be had.

D

Deleted member 43441

I would think it would sound decent for vinyl. Keep looking… options are good!

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
I assume you mean the ~70dB SINAD for analog vs ~80dB for digital. That was the initial conclusion, but turned out to be due to the different volume settings for the measurements of the analog and digital inputs. Go down a little further and you'll see
EDIT: Using the same volume level as digital and turning down the input way up, we get the same results as digital input:
followed by a dashboard image showing the updated measurement.

OP
S

syvmn

I assume you mean the ~70dB SINAD for analog vs ~80dB for digital. That was the initial conclusion, but turned out to be due to the different volume settings for the measurements of the analog and digital inputs. Go down a little further and you'll see

followed by a dashboard image showing the updated measurement.
Ah I see. I missed that part.

Top Bottom