• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for sturdy studio monitor stands

fmessier6

Hey! :)

I'm looking for something like the photo attached, with these requirements:
  • For studio monitors, so at least 90/100 cm tall
  • Shipping to Europe (my studio is in Italy)
  • Sturdy: able to hold at least 30 kg)
  • The feet are not a deal breaker, it could just have a huge metal base

s-l600.jpg
The selection on Thomann is pretty disappointing, either flimsy metal stands or insanely expensive Zaor columns (300+ euro each).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Assuming you put some sound isolation pads (or something similar) between the top of the stand and the speaker, these could get to 90cm? They can hold 45kg, and while currently sold out if they come back in stock it looks like they’re only €71.99 each.

I have the shorter version of these stands. They are above average quality, but not great. They are very sturdy and will hold heavy speakers. Mine are filled with baking soda and topped with Sorbothane discs. No real complaints.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
DIY - a 38 mm strong base plate in MDF with 4 adjustable spikes, a thinner top plate and 2 or 3 pieces of wood planks are all you need for 1 stand. Mounted like a V table. 20 € should be enough for 2 stands if you don't buy the spikes in a hifi shop.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Hey! :)

I'm looking for something like the photo attached, with these requirements:
  • For studio monitors, so at least 90/100 cm tall
  • Shipping to Europe (my studio is in Italy)
  • Sturdy: able to hold at least 30 kg)
  • The feet are not a deal breaker, it could just have a huge metal base

View attachment 178334
The selection on Thomann is pretty disappointing, either flimsy metal stands or insanely expensive Zaor columns (300+ euro each).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Before throwing money by the windows, it will be better to read the link below.

Old Listener

I have the shorter version of these stands. They are above average quality, but not great. They are very sturdy and will hold heavy speakers. Mine are filled with baking soda and topped with Sorbothane discs. No real complaints.
I also have the shorter version. I filled mine with sand; they have been quite silent. I'm happy with them.

Top Bottom