• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for Single box TV Sound solutions

agiletiger

What are the best sounding TV sound all in one solutions out there? Primarily thinking for music.

I bought my dad a pair of Kali Audio LP-6 not realizing that newer TV’s do not have RCA’s anymore. I ordered a DAC/preamp for him but is no longer interested. It was getting too complicated for him. He has already given me his old system for the same reason: Carver separates with AR floor standing speakers, all from the early eighties.

He tried out a Samsung soundbar and he hated it. What’s out there for someone like him? He wants remote capabilities, Bluetooth and again, simplicity. Music more important than dialogue and sound effects.

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Surely something with perfectly functioning ARC/eARC? you literally plug in power and an HDMI cable and the TV controls the system, even with the TVs remote? Did the soundbar not have this functionality? Waaaaay better than digital SPDIF out to soundbar, if thats how he had it set up.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I know audiophiles sneer at soundbars but there are some very good ones out there no which offer pain free and simple good sound.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I got a Sonos Beam for my kiddo's apartment. I thought it sounded pretty good for what it is. She uses just the soundbar, no sub or surrounds. Joentell liked it:

Top Bottom