• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for Recco's for an old setup

AdamL

Hi,

I have an Arcam A75 Amplifier, an Arcam CD72 CD player, and a pair of Joseph Audio RM 7si speakers. I haven't used that setup in quite a while, and after pulling it out and setting it all up, I've remembered just how good it sounds. Now I'd like to be able to stream wirelessly to the amp from my phone or an iPad, so i was looking for a simple way to do that. I was considering the AudioEngine B-Fi, but the findings from the review on this site show that product not delivering very good quality sound at all.

I'm trying to avoid the creep in scope of "if you just swapped out this amp" or "if you just added a new set of active wireless speakers". I have a set of Sonos Play speakers, and i'm nearly ready to ditch them. I just want to play some decent/higher quality music through the Arcam, and out to my two yummy wood Josephs. So please... SCHOOL me! :)

Thanks in advance.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Even though out of production, I still recommend the humble ChromecastAudio puck. Connect via toslink or analog and you are streaming. No need for a new box.

There are many ways to do this, but I am a fan of simple, cheap and effective.

OP
A

AdamL

HA. Had one of those sitting in a rando box of electronic junk. Did the trick in 5 min. Now i'm just listening to music and realizing my standards have gotten higher in 20 years. Also have a pair of vintage Mission 717's in a closet... will try those out... but might be back here soon asking for more recco's. thanks!

Top Bottom