• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for rather specific IEM cable

RHO

Major Contributor
I'm looking for this cable but with a straight 3.5mm TRS connector instead of the 90deg angled one.
So, specifically a good quality, white, 8 braid, 1.25m long, 3.5mm TRS, 0.78mm 2 pin of the style shown in the link. >€50
I can find plenty with those straight 0.78mm 2 pin connectors, but I like the angled ones on the IEM side and the straight 3.5mm on the amp side.

It has to match aesthetically with my Moondrup Blessing 2 Dusk. :D

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
Almost!
I'm afraid the partially covered pins will not allow for a deep enough insertion into the contact holes of the Dusk. The holes lay a bit recessed.
That's why I'm looking for this style of connector at the IEM end:
HTB1iyrENPDpK1RjSZFrq6y78VXa1.jpg

I'm contemplating about searching for those 0.78mm 2pin connectors to build my own cables.
Not sure if the pins on these stick out long enough. These are for non-recessed contacts.

Last edited:

TK750

I'm pretty confident the pins will stick out enough but I understand not wanting to risk it. Oh great, yeh if you're happy doing that that's what I'd do. I can recommend these connectors as they are good quality and they fit the dusk fine, used them to make my own cable for the dusk too =]. You can make your own cable or if you're feeling lazy, just re-terminate an existing one. Or you could just re-terminate the end of the one you posted previously with a straight 3.5mm connector

edit - just noticed they also have them at the store you previously mentioned if you prefer to order from there

Last edited:
OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
I'm pretty confident the pins will stick out enough but I understand not wanting to risk it. Oh great, yeh if you're happy doing that that's what I'd do. I can recommend these connectors as they are good quality and they fit the dusk fine, used them to make my own cable for the dusk too =]. You can make your own cable or if you're feeling lazy, just re-terminate an existing one. Or you could just re-terminate the end of the one you posted previously with a straight 3.5mm connector

edit - just noticed they also have them at the store you previously mentioned if you prefer to order from there
Thanks! Those connectors are exactly what I was looking for. Good to know you used them on your Dusk with success.

There are some issues with the stock cable that comes with the B2(Dusk). I think it's too thin, the splitter is annoying, there's no chin slider, it's still a little stiff (it's not too bad, but I have better cheap cables) and the 3.5mm connector is flimsy and not straight.

TK750

Thanks! Those connectors are exactly what I was looking for. Good to know you used them on your Dusk with success.

There are some issues with the stock cable that comes with the B2(Dusk). I think it's too thin, the splitter is annoying, there's no chin slider, it's still a little stiff (it's not too bad, but I have better cheap cables) and the 3.5mm connector is flimsy and not straight.

No problem. Yeh it's not the best, there are better and worse stock cables I feel and I agree I'm not a huge fan of the right angled 3.5mm. I mainly made my own cable because I find it enjoyable (ok the braiding can get a bit tiresome!) and I like the look =].

Reactions: RHO
OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
You can get braided cable. So that's part of the less enjoyable part solved. At least up to the Y-splitter. :)

jannek

I also bought an aftermarket cable for my Dusks because of the too stiff stock one. After some research I ended up with the "KBear Rhyme 8 core", with which I'm pretty happy. Nice and soft cable, decent connectors (which fit perfectly on the IEMs) and a reasonable price. KBear also has some silver cables, this one for example
Second choice would have been the Yinyoo 8 core.

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
Those are nice looking cables.
I have this TRN cable now, but I find that the 2pin connectors are sticking out too much. And for an IEM the 16 braid is maybe a bit too thick.
It is a little stiffer than the 8 braid I got for my HD6XX, but still it's far from a bad cable.
...or I'm just looking for excuses to build my own cable now ...:p

Top Bottom