• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for new speakers

thyristor

I'm in the market for new speakers. Preferably floor standers for a medium size room. Around 1000 € max.

Looking for speakers that sound somewhat neutral on a "typical" room.

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Those charts don't work for me. They use some weird third party services that I've blocked from my browser.

I use only first party scripts on my browser.
Then unblock them. There is nothing harmful about them.

With that said, Amir hasn't really tested that many affordable floorstanders, so that list may not be much help.

Maybe you could look at Elac DFR52 if it's in your budget.

OP
thyristor

thyristor

Then unblock them.

Maybe you could look at Elac DFR52 if it's in your budget.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/

It's charting from Microsoft. Not weird at all, and you're missing out on a very good tool that took a lot of work.

Sorry but I don't use any Microsoft products or services (that I know of and can block). These kind of charts should really be on the server side. Not on the third party service.

Anyway I know that Amir hasn't tested many affordable floor standers. That's why I asked.

aedagnino

I used to work at a mental health helpline and a few times a day we used to get calls asking for something that was easily searched for a few keywords away... I used to answer thus: "Do you know Google? It's an amazing tool that will give you all your answers." After (most of the time) having a laugh with whoever called, I'd then explain how making these kind of calls could potentially risk the lives of others that would find this particular helpline busy and not get connected with a health professional.

I'm not saying that using this website's search function could potentially save lives... but a few precious minutes of listening to music at least. So... do you know Google? It's an amazing tool that will give you all your answers!

Top Bottom