• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for new headphones.

clarke

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum. I am looking for new headphones for my laptop. Kindly suggest me good brand headphone with better sound quality.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello everyone. I just joined this forum. I am looking for new headphones for my laptop. Kindly suggest me good brand headphone with better sound quality.
First and foremost, what is the budget for your headphones you're looking for? Secondly, are you going to be using these for casual use or serious listening from the laptop?

solderdude

Grand Contributor

Welcome..

closed, open, budget, over-ear, on-ear, in-ear, wireless, video conferencing, gaming, music, comfort, pleather or velour pads ?
and there are more important aspects such as you like some extra bass ? prefer a brighter or subdued sound ?

There are many brands and models that can be used from a laptop and have decent up to excellent sound in every price class.

I would suggest trying some models in a hifi or electronics store to get an idea what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you want to plug into the laptop, you can't go wrong with the Hifiman he400se or AKG K371Pro. Those I'd recommend to anyone who wants good sound without an amplifier and all the rest. Both got plenty loud on my Moto g power phone and sounded great.

OP
C

clarke

First and foremost, what is the budget for your headphones you're looking for? Secondly, are you going to be using these for casual use or serious listening from the laptop?
I want them for laptop use only. In any price range.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For music? Games? Calls ?

Better than what?

OP
C

clarke

Welcome..

closed, open, budget, over-ear, on-ear, in-ear, wireless, video conferencing, gaming, music, comfort, pleather or velour pads ?
and there are more important aspects such as you like some extra bass ? prefer a brighter or subdued sound ?

There are many brands and models that can be used from a laptop and have decent up to excellent sound in every price class.

I would suggest trying some models in a hifi or electronics store to get an idea what you are looking for.
Thanks for your help mate❤️

OP
C

clarke

If you want to plug into the laptop, you can't go wrong with the Hifiman he400se or AKG K371Pro. Those I'd recommend to anyone who wants good sound without an amplifier and all the rest. Both got plenty loud on my Moto g power phone and sounded great.
Thanks mate. I would check them for sure.
Thanks for your help mate❤️
For music? Games? Calls ?

Better than what?
I rarely call anyone on my laptop, mobile phones are made for some purpose I want headphones for music and gaming

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks mate. I would check them for sure.

I rarely call anyone on my laptop, mobile phones are made for some purpose I want headphones for music and gaming
Then @Dunring suggestions are as good as anyone's. If no one is usually around you, the Hifiman are open back (so let lots of sound out and in) , if you dont want to disturb others then the AKG might be better. Enjoy.

threni

Major Contributor
Top Bottom