• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for measurements of Elac Carina fs 247.4 and Wharfedale Evo 4.4

TSB

I'm on speaker hunt (2k euro budget) and have found myself attracted to two models which according to internet hearsay should be neutral speakers with high fidelity to recordings and full range reproduction:

* Elac Carina fs 247.4
* Wharfedale Evo 4.4

Wondering if anyone has seen measurements for these models to confirm my bias.

I mostly listen to classical music (including orchestra, and not as "relaxing background music while baking pies").

My preference is for accurate & detailed reproduction of sound & timbre of accoustic instruments. My previous speakers were Magnepan 1.7, which, despite their many disadvantages, did represent some part of that ideal. Any comparison (subjective or otherwise) would help me.

Help my spend my money! :) Kind regards

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Welcome to ASR...I can see its your first post!

Here's what i found...enjoy!

Elac Carina BS243.4 (bookshelf)
Source:
1602631608371.png

Wharfedale Evo 4.4 (tower)
Source:
1602631669683.png

If these don't satisfy your hunger, see MZKM 's spreadsheet for full list of reviewed models.
Also, see Erin's website for latest reviews as well.

Have fun!

OP
TSB

TSB

Awesome, thanks :) Looks like the Wharfedale is a bit mid-heavy.

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Here in Europe Revel F36 is 2400€ per pair. The evo 4.4 is 1500€ per pair. Elac Carina 2000€ per pair.
Ahhhhhh, sorry, interesting differences in pricing. In US they are $1000 each for the Revels and Wharfedales
Edit: Carinas are $1380 each

Last edited:
Reactions: TSB
OP
TSB

TSB

Here's another one for the Carina fs247.4 from a Swedish(?) magazine. They says it's impressively linear and give it a recommendation. Link to pdf here.
Screenshot_20201015_231900.jpg

Darvis

I would love to see them in situ, I'm afraid the finish they chose could look bad.

Tomino

Forum Donor
I'm on speaker hunt (2k euro budget) and have found myself attracted to two models which according to internet hearsay should be neutral speakers with high fidelity to recordings and full range reproduction:

* Elac Carina fs 247.4
* Wharfedale Evo 4.4
What did you go with?

Tomino

Forum Donor
If you are still shopping, I would encourage you to consider buying used. High quality speakers have a long useable lifespan, and the bang-for-the-buck is much greater. I recently upgraded from some ancient, entry-level Joseph Audios to a pair of Revel F208s for almost exactly your budget (albeit in dollars). No regrets yet.

Tomino

Forum Donor
Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying them! Drop a note with your impressions when you have the chance.

Reactions: TSB
Top Bottom