• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for Integrated AMP with LDAC Bluetooth

mahdi_mak2000

Hello,

I am planning to set up a sound system for the bedroom (~300 sqft).
I already have pair of KEF LS50 Meta which I want to use for this purpose.
Now, I am looking for an integrated Amp to drive these speakers.
Here is my feature list:
- Bluetooth with LDAC support [Important]
- WiFi Streaming
- Preferably Class D but happy with Class AB
- A nice looking minimalistic machine [Preferably light colors like silver]
- Powerful enough to drive KEF LS50
- Remote controlled ON/OFF [Preferably]
- My budget is around 2000 USD

Appreciate your advice,
Cheers

TimW

Major Contributor
LDAC is not a very common feature, even the brands that include it may only do so in some of their products. For instance some Topping DACs support it but their MX5 integrated amp does not. The miniDSP Flex series supports LDAC while the SHD series does not. Unfortunately only the SHD series has an integrated amp option. The only integrated amp I could find with LDAC is the TEAC AI-301-DA-X which is arguably not powerful enough for your speakers.

If I were you I would just get a good integrated amp and a separate LDAC receiver. Bluetooth receivers are usually cheap, small, and likely to become obsolete so why not just use an external one that can be hidden and replaced?

TimW

Major Contributor
I was just informed of the Sabaj A30as existence.
sabaj-a30a-fda-amplifier-2x-sta516be-ax5689-bluetooth-aptx-hd-ldac-2x200w-4-ohm.jpg

Looks just about as good as the TEAC but with a nicer remote IMO. Class D based with low distortion and more than enough power according to specs (4x as much as the TEAC). Neither of these have Wifi streaming but that can be added.

OP
M

mahdi_mak2000

I was just informed of the Sabaj A30as existence.
sabaj-a30a-fda-amplifier-2x-sta516be-ax5689-bluetooth-aptx-hd-ldac-2x200w-4-ohm.jpg

Looks just about as good as the TEAC but with a nicer remote IMO. Class D based with low distortion and more than enough power according to specs (4x as much as the TEAC). Neither of these have Wifi streaming but that can be added.

WoW... this is beautiful and pretty much does what I am looking for..very cheap too for what it is.. I assume 200 WPC is way more than enough to drive a pair KEF LS50 Meta. Streaming is not a must-have feature.. Happy to use TIDAL app over BT.
Thank you very much for the recommendation.

TimW

Major Contributor
WoW... this is beautiful and pretty much does what I am looking for..very cheap too for what it is.. I assume 200 WPC is way more than enough to drive a pair KEF LS50 Meta. Streaming is not a must-have feature.. Happy to use TIDAL app over BT.
Thank you very much for the recommendation.
You're welcome, I actually found out about this model from other members in the TEAC thread. 200 WPC should be more than enough.

Apparently there's also the equally powerful but twice as expensive S.M.S.L VMV A2 which has a few more inputs or the Shanling EA5 which is weak like the TEAC but has a screen and android streamer built in.

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Top Bottom