• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for budget Bluetooth amp around 100€

rizz

Hello,
I recently bought Minerva(grundig) Mini-box MB 5030 Hifi.
They sounded awesome when I was buying them especially for the small size, I was suprised. I want to give them the most I can, but im on tight budget.. I also need to buy some wall mounts so.

Here are some specs:
Impedance: 4Ω
Music Power Capacity: 50W
Sine Wave Power Capacity: 30W

I will be using the amplifier only via bluetooth so AptX is crutial I think.
I will be buying from amazon.de so please send links from there.

The cheapest one i found is this little bugger.
I very like the looks of vacuum tube amps (they would fit my workshop the most) especially this one (I can buy it for the 100€ from another seller with coupon) but i recon its not so good sounding and no aptx.. But the Vu meter, oh my I love it :D
Then there is this one, also tube amp, has the aptx, but its little pricier unfortunately, but if its the best option what can i do.
This one is from uk but also suits my needs and will be about 100 after tax.
or maybe some amp+aptx reciever but i dont know if that will fit 100€ budget..

I hope they all will be powerfull enought to drive the speakers because im little confused about that too not gonna lie.

Any other recomendations please? Im kinda lost in here :D

Thanks and have a good one,

rizz.

OP
R

rizz

I also found this just now for around 70€ is it a good idea, it was too powerful for those speakers isnt it?
And this without tubes I can get for around 60€

But i dont know which one to choose :X

Last edited:

dominikz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi there and welcome! Personally I'd have a look at SMSL A100 within this budget (if you can find it in stock).
It is based on the same MA12070 amplifier chip as the well-reviewed Loxjie A30 and Topping PA3s; 2x80W into 4 Ohm (probably at 10% THD) with bluetooth, USB and analog inputs.
Unfortunately no measurements yet so we can't be 100% certain it will perform as well as the Loxjie or Topping units.

OP
R

rizz

Hello and thanks ☺
Yea well I cant find neither one of those you mentioned in Eu and i dont want to order from china :(
The ones I send are no good?

50W power is not enought and 160W it too much huh?

OP
R

rizz

oh i see, my bad.
Thanks for links. I see it on the SMSL A100 then, unlucky that its not in stock I wanted to listen to them asap :(:D
Just to clarify this is not good right? I like the looks of it but i reckon it wouldnt sound as nice..

staticV3

Master Contributor
I can't find any measurements of the Douk Audio G6, so who knows how good it is

dominikz

Forum Donor
@rizz Those amps you listed in post #1 might be fine - the problem is I haven't seen any measurements so it is difficult for me to say.

Regarding required amplifier power, it will mainly depend on how loud you want to listen to (i.e. your SPL requirement), what is the distance you will be listening from and your loudspeaker sensitivity rating.
Assuming typical loudspeaker sensitivity, if you don't have a huge room and don't require very loud levels IMHO probably most amps will be OK, power-wise. It is however always better to have a more powerful amp and back off the volume a bit than risk running into clipping. Some will even say there is no such thing as a 'too powerful amp' :D

Good luck in your search!

OP
R

rizz

But chip wise G6 is pretty good or not?

I understand but I might take the risk, it seems to me like a good deal the G6 for 70€ shipped.. hope i won't be disappointed

staticV3

Master Contributor
You can have the best chips and components inside your Amp and still have a terribly performing Amp because the designer didn't know what they were doing.

What chip is used tells you the performance potential of a product, the upper limit of what you can expect. It doesn't tell you anything about the actual performance though. For that you need measurements.

dominikz

Forum Donor
But chip wise G6 is pretty good or not?

I understand but I might take the risk, it seems to me like a good deal the G6 for 70€ shipped.. hope i won't be disappointed
If you mean Douk Audio SUC-G6, personally I'd stay away from cheap amps with tubes.
Chip is the TDA7498E, the same as used in the older Topping PA3 (not PA3s!), which did not measure that well.

OP
R

rizz

Yea I understand. I know that the SMSL A100 would be better but i still want the G6 (mostly because of appearance and maybe the tubes will have possitive effect on these 50y old speakers idk).. I feel kinda stupid

dominikz

Forum Donor
It is perfectly fine to select a device based on looks. Also, even if it doesn't measure great, audibly it could be fine and you may still enjoy it.
It's just difficult to recommend based on objective criteria given the lack of performance data :)
In any case, I hope you enjoy whatever you end up buying!

OP
R

rizz

Yeah I ordered it, and we'll see.
I understant that it's hard to recommend something that is worse, I would have problem with that as well :D

Otherwise I have pretty sweet headphone setup, so I am prepared that this will not sound as great. I spend a lot of time in my workshop (I am wood carver but i think i cant post any of my work here right) and listening from phone isn't the way, that's why I bought the speakers and so on.

Just if you're interested about my headphone setup:
  • Monolith M1060C planar headphones, heavily modded into open back, here are some pics with my diy stand :D Also I bought this awesome custom pads from Vesper audio
  • Amp: Drop AAA THX789
  • DAC: Topping D10s - I need to change that for something better. With balanced input it would sound much better I think, any ideas maybe?:)
I listened to LCD-2, I also owned ZMF Atticus and some more and I still prefer my modded M1060C (which are fraction of the price, fun fact), just for comparison, they are very fun to listen to and if u want fun project to mode on I can only recommend.

Well thanks for help and hopefully soon I'll let you guys know how it sounds.

D

Deleted member 46664

Hello,
I recently bought Minerva(grundig) Mini-box MB 5030 Hifi.
They sounded awesome when I was buying them especially for the small size, I was suprised. I want to give them the most I can, but im on tight budget.. I also need to buy some wall mounts so.

Here are some specs:
Impedance: 4Ω
Music Power Capacity: 50W
Sine Wave Power Capacity: 30W

I will be using the amplifier only via bluetooth so AptX is crutial I think.
I will be buying from amazon.de so please send links from there.

The cheapest one i found is this little bugger.
I very like the looks of vacuum tube amps (they would fit my workshop the most) especially this one (I can buy it for the 100€ from another seller with coupon) but i recon its not so good sounding and no aptx.. But the Vu meter, oh my I love it :D
Then there is this one, also tube amp, has the aptx, but its little pricier unfortunately, but if its the best option what can i do.
This one is from uk but also suits my needs and will be about 100 after tax.
or maybe some amp+aptx reciever but i dont know if that will fit 100€ budget..

I hope they all will be powerfull enought to drive the speakers because im little confused about that too not gonna lie.

Any other recomendations please? Im kinda lost in here :D

Thanks and have a good one,

rizz.

I've sold a few of the Linkfor "little buggers" and they're pretty good, nice clean sound, run cool, decent power brick.... It will give you about 40 watts on 4 ohms, which should be more than enough for those tiny speakers.

OP
R

rizz

Oh ok, I changed my order because the tube one was 110€ after tax, so I will stay under my budget with this one, its not as classy looking but whatever :D

D

Deleted member 46664

Oh ok, I changed my order because the tube one was 110€ after tax, so I will stay under my budget with this one, its not as classy looking but whatever :D

Tubes aren't classy ... they're GLASS... something for the kids to break.

OP
R

rizz

Well they wouldnt let me cancel my order so I will have tube one after all :D

Top Bottom