• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for an hdmi to usb audio extractor.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
Just wondering if anyone has come across an hdmi to usb audio extractor? I am thinking about using an old shield tablet for Tidal/Spotify as it has it's own remote with voice support.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've never seen a single device that does that.

You'd probably need two separate devices. First an HDMI to S/PDIF extractor and second a USB interface to record the S/PDIF.

OP
Certainkindoffool

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
I've never seen a single device that does that.

You'd probably need two separate devices. First an HDMI to S/PDIF extractor and second a USB interface to record the S/PDIF.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of one either. But, with most dacs having 1 each of coax, spdif, and usb, it seemed like a potential solution that would free up the spdif port for another device. I'll have to look into the possibility of a usb interface that will work independently of a pc and be recognized by the dac.

Top Bottom