• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for amp+dac for ELAC DBR-62

Freezak

jJgNsZH.png

Hi guys, i'm about to pull a trigger on my first audio gear aimed for music listening (i use a soundbar with rear speakers and sub for watching series/movies) which are ELACs DBR-62 - and i can't really decide which amp and dac i should choose. I want to use them with my old thinkpad laptop in a 11.00 m2 (118 ft2) room but i might move to a slightly bigger room too in the future. I'm based in the EU so i guess pricing might be different than in the US. Some options that i have:

1. ELAC DBR-62 + NAD C316BEE V2 deal - 700 USD and buying separately a Topping E30 II - 160 USD = 860 USD
(If sold separately, ELACs cost 427 USD and NAD costs 400 USD = 827 USD without Toppung E30 II)
2. ELAC DBR-62 - 427 USD and buying separately a Yamaha A-S301 - 415 usd = 842 USD

There are other choices too from D class such as Aiyima A07, Loxjie A30 but i'm not sure if they are any competition to the aforementioned gear. I'm just looking for something that can drive these speakers well and might leave some head room too in case i want to move them to a bigger room and play them louder than usual - also, being able to plug in and use my Sennheiser HD560s would be a nice bonus.

I probably won't be thinking about adding a sub in the future, i want a simple setup that can play the music better than my soundbar does and i'm definitely not a basshead, i listen mainly to rock, jazz, acoustic versions of various songs, folk, blues, etc. I also like the neutral nature of HD560s headphones so i'm looking for a similar sound signature if it even translates to amps, dacs and speakers such as ELACs.

Thanks in advance and i hope someone much more experienced than me in this topic will guide me in the right direction.

Last edited:

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Both are solid choices - I'd personally chose the NAD 316 integrated, just a little more but you have the amp and dac functions separated for future upgrading etc. Or you could pop for the next NAD up the ladder that has the DAC built in...

For a second room or "alternate" system, I am a fan of the Aiyima A07...cheap, sounds great, gets quite loud even with the regular 32v/5a power brick...had mine over a year and it's running strong...

OP
F

Freezak

Both are solid choices - I'd personally chose the NAD 316 integrated, just a little more but you have the amp and dac functions separated for future upgrading etc. Or you could pop for the next NAD up the ladder that has the DAC built in...

For a second room or "alternate" system, I am a fan of the Aiyima A07...cheap, sounds great, gets quite loud even with the regular 32v/5a power brick...had mine over a year and it's running strong...
Thanks for your help, i'm probably gonna go with the NAD then. Would pairing it with something like Topping E30 II be a good idea?

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I think that would be a good pairing...any of the good basic DACs will do the job, just a matter of your style preference. I use both Schiit and JDS Labs products, like them both.

Top Bottom