• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for Active Noise Cancelling Headphones

Quizel

What I really want is active noise cancelling while getting audio signal and charging from my computer. As in, not bluetooth and disregaurds any potential battery life issues.

Does something like this exist? It'd be great if all I had to hook up was a usb cable to my computer.

I looked at the sony WH-1000XM3 and sounds like I can have active noise cancelling with audio input from a 3.5mm TRS cable, but I can't find any information if it can be charging at the same time.

Another Bob

Forum Donor
I don't know about the Sony, but I just did a test on my Bose QC-20, and it will cancel noise, play music and charge at the same time. You do need two connections: USB for charging and the TRS for audio.

OP
Q

Quizel

I don't know about the Sony, but I just did a test on my Bose QC-20, and it will cancel noise, play music and charge at the same time. You do need two connections: USB for charging and the TRS for audio.

Awesome to hear it exist and thanks for the reply. Sadly in ear stuff has never been a good experience for me. My ears like sweat and they slide out instuff along with I'm just not used to how they feel. So I wouldn't consider getting those in particular.

I probably shouldn't be so concerned with needing these specific requirements though. 30 hours of play time per full charge with probably a 20 min charge (the time it takes me to take a shower or something) can basically last for 8 hours- a full day of use. With a quality battery one could expect this performance for years.

It's just I recently had to toss my electric razor. Just wouldn't hold a charge of more than 5 minutes and charging it while shaving wasn't an option. So now I want to plan around this kind of stuff.

Top Bottom