• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for active BT speakers sub 300€

Sound86

Hey folks,

I could use some help. Recently I bought two Amazon Echo (latest version, not the dot) for use in my outside pavilion. The idea was a pair of simple speakers for background music while at the same time the option to interact with Alexa and my smart home. Well the sound (even for this uncritical use) was rather unsatisfactory, but the killer is a frequent disconnect of one or both channels in stereo mode. Needless to say amazon can have them back.

But now I need something to replace them and I am leaning towards a pair of active bluetooth speakers. Now they do not need to be audiophile level, since they mostly play background, nor do they need to have lots of bass or output level (neighbors). In fact smaller is better and somewhat sturdy is a plus, since they are outside, though covered from elements. Is there anything particularly recommendable for a maximum of 300 Euro and readily available in Europe?

Thanks for your ideas

Top Bottom